Their main product line is battery packs for laptop computers. However a couple years ago they announced an intention to enter the market for vehicle battery packs, and have kept moving in that direction.
"Boston-Power’s lithium-ion battery technology platform is based on a design that delivers high energy density cells optimized for the mobility needs of the transportation market, allowing for long-range, fully electric drive at the industry’s lowest cost."
Some of the key benefits offered by the Swing 4400 over alternative cell technologies include:
- High energy density of 180Wh/kg
- Volumetric density of 420Wh/L
- Industry-leading cycle life:
- Over 1000 cycles at 100% Depth Of Discharge (DOD)
- Over 2000 cycles at 90% DOD
- High constant power of 440W/kg
- Pulse power of 1500 W/kg (2s pulse)
- Flexible and scalable packaging
- Excellent thermal properties
- Nordic Ecolabel accreditation
- UL, UN, and ROHS certifications