2007 Zapino LED error code

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Curious
Curious's picture
2007 Zapino LED error code

Hi all. I'm trying to troubleshoot a friend's 2007 Zapino scooter. He recently purchased it from a previous owner. They claim it was dropped on the right side while the power was off, and now power won't go to the wheel.

The error LED in the instrument panels flashes 1 and 2 repeatedly. - -- - -- - --.

From the user manual:
First flash 1 time and after a pause then 2 times again
problem with connection of throttle, broken wire is loosened

We thought that the throttle might have been damaged from the fall, but I checked it with a multimeter. The throttle is sending a signal (0.8V - 3.0V). The headlights and tail lights all come on. The battery sits at 64.5V.

I wonder if something internal to the controller was damaged? Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Curious
Curious's picture
Re: 2007 Zapino LED error code

At one point, apparently, the wheel spun up when it was powered on, but the speed was uncontrollable. It truly seems like a stuck throttle, but my multimeter test disproves that...

I'm thinking of checking continuity of the throttle cable to the controller. If that checks out, should I open the controller to look for damage? Has anyone opened a Zapino controller?

Curious
Curious's picture
Re: 2007 Zapino LED error code

It turns out there were two separate issues.

1) One of the cable connectors in the throttle line were not making good contact. I replaced it with a Metripack 150 sealed connector.

2) The controller was getting a brake cut-off signal, even with no brakes applied. I disconnected the purple wire (brake sense) going to the controller. The brake lights work normally. The throttle can now be engaged even with the brake applied, so there is a little less safety, but my friend was happy with that solution.

The manual that came with the Zapino didn't have the LED troubleshooting codes, but this one does.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage