Nicom 50km +

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Nicom
Nicom 50km +

Hello! I just recently purchased a Nicom scooter for what could have been the deal of the year. A fellow had posted his bike on kijiji with a description stating that he had went over a bump and the electrics all shut off and rather take it to a mechanic he would just rather buy a new bike. He listed it for $85 but when we got into the conversation on how I was going to take it home , I told him I would be walking it all the way back up to the suburbs where I live. So He gave it to me for $40 ;) for my troubles… LoL $40 dollars

I must have walk the thing over 30km….. and all it was is that the fuse conector had come lose!

But my question is this, it is a great little bike but I am wondering what I can do to the speed controller to get 50km to 60km out of it…?

LeftieBiker
Re: Nicom 50km +

You probably don't believe in Karma, but the first thing *I'd* do is send the guy the rest of the $85. It was apparently a steal at that price, so why not steal it for the original asking price?

My father once bought a gorgeous Volvo P220 wagon (this was in the early '70's) for a couple of hundred dollars because the owner thought he'd broken the rear end on a big bump. The old man looked under it, bought it on the spot, and after towing it a few miles, jacked it up and popped the left rear coil spring back into place. Car fixed. I've found a few bargains myself, and when I see one I always just pay the asking price and count myself lucky...

As for the controller, that isn't usually the easiest or cheapest way to increase range. (The easiest, cheapest thing to do is to inflate the tires to 1 or 2 psi below the maximum printed on each tire.) What range are you getting now?

Nicom

My range is pretty good, I think I can get about 45km and the bateries are year old. I Iam looking to get more speed...?

LeftieBiker

Ah, more speed. Got it. First thing is to find out if your bike is artificially limited to a top speed less than what it is mechanically capable of achieving. If not, the usual approach seems to be to add another battery and raise the voltage by 12. Hopefully someone here is familiar with your model bike.

Nicom

I think it is, would there be something I could do to the speed controler?

The 6ix

A full picture of the ebike Dad

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage