VX-1 Vectrix for sale in Houston, TX

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
MorleyJC
VX-1 Vectrix for sale in Houston, TX

Hello all,
We've decided to get rid of our non-running Vectrix here in Houston, TX. I've posted this on our local craigslist and I'll just re-post the ad here if anyone is interested. I dont know if messages from this forum will forward to my email, so the best way to get in touch will be to email directly: james(at)morleys(dot)us

Thanks, and good luck to everyone who is able to keep their Vectrix running.

Post from Craigslist:
In 2009 we bought an all electric Red Vectrix VX-1 scooter to "go green" while running errands around town.
We rode it for 2 years, putting less than 10,000 miles on it and really enjoying it. It goes up to 60 mph, easy to drive, and a lot of fun! Unfortunately for us, the company declared bankruptcy and since we bought the scooter in Austin and live in Houston, no longer had any support for service or warranty,

About 6 months ago our scooter went dead, no response to charging, key, or anything. We took off all the plastic of the scooter in an attempt to see if there was an obvious fuse or something that we could fix easily, but didn't see anything.

As a family we've moved from electric scooters to motorcycles and the garage is getting full. We've now decided to cut our losses with Vectrix and get this thing out of the garage. We are asking $1,500 OBO, cash for the scooter.

If you are interested, please be aware:
-The scooter currently does not run. I have no idea if this is a huge issue or just a fuse that needs replacing. It was running fine one day, and then completely dead another.
-All of the plastic has been taken off of the scooter, we have all of it, and all of the bolts but I'm not putting it back together. (Part of the reason the price is so low).
-The scooter was dropped once on the ground during slow speed (less than 10 mph) and has cosmetic damage to the plastic on one side. Nothing is cracked, just scrapes. You can review this before purchasing.

Our purchase price for this scooter was $10,000 new, so this is a steal for anyone who believes they can get it running. The large bank of NiMH batteries that make up the core of this scooter are nearly half of the $10,000 value so even if the scooter does not run someone could easily make a profit by salvaging the batteries.

For more information you can go to the company's website: http://www.vectrix.com/ or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vectrix

If you are interested, please email me (James) with your contact info including phone number and we can arrange a time to meet.

ofx210p
Re: VX-1 Vectrix for sale in Houston, TX

Good luck, I'd bite your hand off but sadly being in NZ shipping costs might be a bit extreme

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage