National Drive Electric Week Los Angeles - Sept. 16

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
mberman
National Drive Electric Week Los Angeles - Sept. 16

The Los Angeles National Drive Electric Week event, on September 16, will feature a display of the next-generation Nissan LEAF at one of its first public appearances. Test drives are scheduled to include (subject to change, with more planned), the Chrysler Pacifica, Bluecar Phase 3 model, Chevrolet Bolt and Volt, VW 2017 e-Golf and Tesla Model X and Model S (ride-alongs only for the Tesla vehicles). The first 600 test drivers also get free coupons for food from participating food trucks.

If you have an EV and would like to display it in the EV Tailgate Community, visit www.ndewla.org. Volunteers are welcome.

National Drive Electric Week Event, Los Angeles
Saturday, September 16, 2017, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Los Angeles State Historic Park, 1245 N. Spring St., Los Angeles (adjacent to Chinatown)
Free and open to the public

PJD
PJD's picture
Re: National Drive Electric Week Los Angeles - Sept. 16

Nice.

Where I live (Pittsburgh, PA) there was a brief flurry of EV activity from 2013 to 2016 where one might spot a LEAF or iMiEV or Tesla once in a week or so, but with lower gasoline prices and most of those leased cars returned and not replaced with another EV, there are pretty much zero EV's in western PA outside of my Smart ED - and its lease will end in May 2018.

mberman

I'm involved in the National Drive Electric Week event in Los Angeles, and to be honest not very familiar with what's specifically happening in your area, but there is a National Drive Electric Week event in Pittsburgh (also on the 16th):

https://driveelectricweek.org/event.php?eventid=902

Might be worth checking it out.

(The complete list of events is at https://driveelectricweek.org/events-list.php. There's also one in Cranberry Township.)

Plug In America https://pluginamerica.org/ is a good resource for EV advocacy.

Glad to hear you still have your Smart ED right now. Best of luck

Mindy Berman

PJD
PJD's picture

Yup, Just signed up. Wife will be out of town so I'll actually be able to take the Smart ED there. I'd also like to take the scooter there too if I can find a helper to drive the Smart to it.

mberman

Cool. Hope you enjoy it!

Mindy Berman

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage