ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is almost over. Kicks on the Zero, and Quantya electric motocross bikes

44 posts / 0 new
Last post
Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture
ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is almost over. Kicks on the Zero, and Quantya electric motocross bikes

Well finally electricmoto updated the website for the Blade XT. I have been waiting to upgrade my Blade 04 for years now, but didn't like the looks of the Zero, and the price of the Quantya. The moment one comes available..........it is coming home with me. The hills in Canada are calling.

frame_BladeXT_wide.jpg

WOW. Here is a picture of my Blade 04

PIC00047.jpg

Here is a pic of the Zero

IMAG005.jpg

Here is a pic of the Quantya

img_new_05.jpg

Cheers ,Jurgen

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture
Re: ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is almost over. Kicks on the Zero, and

Oh.........Here is the web site........ www.electricmoto.com

drivin98

It looks great! I think the Zero would kick it's butt though. Any idea how much it will cost?

I think some quality racing needs to be done.

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture

The Zero just came out in recent years and is already behind. My old Blade will kick on the Zero in speed and performance, but lacks in range. The difference in battery tech,.............sealed lead acid (Blade 04, 72 volts), versus poly lith (Zero 48 volts). The new blade XT is using a 40ah lithium pack.

drivin98

I am a bit of a newb so I didn't notice the battery specs. (I need to find a website with a total electric power tutorial) I mostly noticed the Zero is 80 lbs lighter.
I'd still like to see a race. Would you know any of the 0-45mph times on these bikes?

Doc
Doc's picture

drivin98 ,
Welcome to the V.

(I need to find a website with a total electric power tutorial)

Is there something we can help you with?

`

Doc,
V Moderator Team Member

Moderators are members of our very dedicated community volunteer <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/106-our-community-volunteers">V Team</a> who help keep our <a href="http://visforvoltage.net/page/251-poli

drivin98

Is there something you can help me with?
Um, probably, but my plan is to just read as much about ev's as possible and hopefully I will understand the relationship between amps, volts, and watts. Eventually.

E_Stuff

Power to weight ratio superiority? Ya', the Zero is lighter.
Power-wise.. the SLA Blade cuts deeper.
Why?

AMPS!!

drivin98

Power-wise.. the SLA Blade cuts deeper.

Everything I read says the XT has LiIon battery. I can't seem to find much about it. The Forbes article on the Electricmoto website seems to be the most recent source of any info. This article says it weighs 178 pounds while the website says 199 pounds. The article also says it will do 50 mph as opposed to the website's 45mph top speed.

I wish there was a little more real information about this product. Like a for sale to the public date.

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture
Re: ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is over. Kicks on the Zero, and Quantya

Just received My new Elecrtismoto XT today. Still in the crate. Will send pictures when it is assembled.
frame_BladeXT.jpg

The Blade I got is a little different than the one in the picture.

stenberg77
Re: ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is over. Kicks on the Zero, and Quantya

Have you had it assembly yet? Can you post a pic?

I consider blade or quantya. It would be nice to her some comments. What was their price?

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture
Re: ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is almost over.

Sorry for the delay in responce. I did recieve the bike,assemble it, and took it out for a ride. Great looking bike that turns alot of heads. Electricmoto is resticting me to post specific pictures of the bike but I can tell you that the bike is a little different than the Blade pictured on the web site. There has been some upgrades to the rear suspenion and motor location.

The Blade has an 400amp Alltrax controller, PMG132 motor, thundersky lithium batteries and comes with a one year warranty. I ended up paying $10,000 plus shipping, and purchased a different set of tires that were shipped from the UK. Electricmoto and I are working out some minor problems with the bike but they are giving me all the support I need. I have only put on a few miles due the weather and the minor hickups I am experencing.

This bike is not all I expected it to be to suite my needs and I may sell it on Ebay to fund another electric vehicle.

Regards Jurgen

davew
davew's picture

This bike is not all I expected it to be to suite my needs and I may sell it on Ebay to fund another electric vehicle.

Would you mind sharing some details? By it's specs this appears to be one of the best ecycles out there. I for one would never plunk down $10k on something that didn't have at least a few, independent, positive reviews.

"we must be the change we wish to see in the world"

RedKing73

Ditto. That's a lot of dough. It would be vital to know what glitches you have come across and, in particular, what limits you found when riding. How has it disappointed you vis a vis previous petrol bike and your expectations?

TDA121
TDA121's picture

Electricmoto is resticting me to post specific pictures of the bike but I can tell you that the bike is a little different than the Blade pictured on the web site.

How are they restricting you? Stick or carrot? Both?

There is lots of room for speculation without clarification...

stenberg77

You have been riding earlier versions of blade havent you? How come you suddenly were disapointed?

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture

Would you mind sharing some details? By it's specs this appears to be one of the best ecycles out there. I for one would never plunk down $10k on something that didn't have at least a few, independent, positive reviews.

I have been casualy racing my 72volt Blade 04 in Supermoto 200cc and under class. I have been doing very well and placing top ten on shorter tracks. I want to step up electric motorcycle racing to a higher level, but to do this I have to upgrade to a better bike. with my past experience with Electricmoto, the Blade XT in my mind was the best choice.

The Blade XT are using 14 Thundersky 40 ah batteries in series. That gives us only 46.5 volts at 120 amps continuous with a pulse amp rating of up to 400amps. Do the math, This bike doesn't rocket like 400amps @ 72volts that I have on my old blade. At Electricmoto's defence they are developing a better battery pack at the moment. Also we are seeing overheating at the motor. I suspect part of the overheating is caused by the slower rpm of the PMG 132 motor (54 rpm per volt X 46.5 volts = 2511rpm) not giving enough centrifical force to out the hot air through the vent holes and extra guards/body plastic resticting flow. Updated external motor fan cooling didn't help this problem much. There are other issues with the bike that will not make it a more competitive bike than the older Blade I already have. Over all I like the bike.........great looks, unreal suspenion, great brakes, love the wheels and hubs etc. This version is more suited for the trail rider not the weekend racer.

Electricmoto is currently working on another version that I would expect to blow the one I have now out of the water. Electricmoto at this time have offered me my money back and I have taken that offer. Great company to deal with.

Regards Jurgen

Brutus361

Hi Jurgen,

Of course the new bike cannot perform like your old blade. The old blade is lighter, it use genesis batteries meaning there's no voltage sag like Thunder sky. The Etek motor on the old blade is design with a 48 volt setup and you use 72 volt setup. So I have no doubt that the older blade start like a rocket. And to be "fair" in this comparison between these 2 bikes the perm132 motor is under power at 48 Volt and the new Blade xt is heavier.

Have a nice day!
Brutus361

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture

Hi Jurgen,

And to be "fair" in this comparison between these 2 bikes the perm132 motor is under power at 48 Volt and the new Blade xt is heavier.

Have a nice day!
Brutus361

Both bikes weigh in at around 200lbs. The Blade 04 was at 165lbs + 2 extra hawkers @ 15lbs each = 195lbs total. The Blade XT is advertised at 199lbs. The electricmoto website also states that the bike is 18.2 HP (13.6 KW) which should be enough to keep up. The Blade XT would have to pull 300amps continuous at 46.5v to reach this horsepower. The Thundersky batteries can't do it.

Brutus361

Hi Jurgen,

Here's the specifications form Thunderstruck EV

48 V Performance
Peak efficiency: 86%
Peak power: 15.1 hp
Cont power: 6 hp
No-load speed: 2380 rpm
Stall current: 960A
Stall torque: 133 ft-lb

72 V Performance
Peak efficiency: 88.6%
Peak power: 34.3 hp
Cont. power: 8hp
No-load speed: 3590 rpm
Stall current: 1440A
Stall torque: 200 ft-lb

Both bikes weight about the same with the 2 mores batteries you have add on it. But your motor still running at 72 volt (overvolt), meaning is faster and as more power than is original 48 volt set up. Now if you remove batteries pack on both bikes, the Blade XT still heavier 14 Thundersky batteries weight around 50 lbs. Put some light and great batteries other than Thundersky on this bike with a 72 volt or 96 volt set up and I think is a different bike!.

Have nice day
Brutus361

Brutus361

Hi Jurgen,

I didn't mention that the specification motor I post is for the perm132 motor. Here's the specification of the blade 04.

• Frame: Triple tube, laser-cut heliarc welded steel. Powder-coated finish
• Fork: Marzocchi Super Monster-12" front travel, adjustable rebound and compression
• Shock: Works Performance-12.5" rear travel
• Motor: Briggs and Stratton E-Tek
• Controller: 19.2 kilowatts Peak (25.7 electrical HP)
• Horsepower (Rear wheel dyno tested): 18.2 HP
• Top Speed: 45 MPH
• Battery: Hawker Genesis-16.7 amphour-48 volt nominal-total capacity 800 Watt-hours
• Wheels / Tires: 3.0 x 24 Rear, 3.0 x 24 Front
• Rear Hub: Proprietary CNC billet aluminum
• Front Hub: DT HUGI Swiss
• Brakes: Hayes Hydraulic 8" rotors
• Seat: Yamaha YZ -426 replica
• Wheelbase: 56"
• Weight (fully charged): 165 pounds

I have an idea, for your old blade 04; upgrade the fork and the rear shock, installed new hub, better brake on it. Now remove the Hawker Genesis batteries. Buy a new 72 volt or 96 volt Lithium pack other than Thundersky or course.

If you keep the Etek just use the previous 72 volt set up, or may buy a new Perm motor and use the 96 volt set up. At the end the bike will be lighter, better and every way. And now you have step up electric motorcycle racing to a higher level, and it may be cost you less then a $ 10 K.

Have a nice day!
Brutus361

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture

Believe me that went through my head a few times. Problem is that you can only go so far upgrading a old product. I already upgraded the brakes, changed brake rotors to 225mm full floating, added a 10 kw resister for motor braking, modified suspension, and the list goes on..........

You get to a point where you have to start again on another updated platform to get great results. I also went another route and purchased a new Aluminum Honda CR125 rolling chassis and did a convertion. The problem I ran into is the lack of room in a convertion vs a purpose built electric bike that was built around electrical compents like the batteries etc. Also the rolling chassis with rubber started out at 145lbs. Start heavy, end heavy.

Brutus361

Hi Jurgen,

I don’t think the conversion road is the way to go it's my humble opinion. If I have to build an electric performance bike from the ground up­. The first thing I need to know is the size of the batteries pack, voltage, and power also I need to the size of the motor, the power that it can deliver. And I was looking for the better motor in term in performance and size ratio. Just for an information the new Etek-r is available from Thunderstruck.

Now with the old blade and new blade xt you know better than every one here, what kind of motocross frame is needed to do this job and I think you have a lot of experience. May be I'm wrong but the old blade is not lighter than the new one without the batteries?

Then my stupid question is why you don't design your own frame and takes the good parts from your blade or may be bought new parts for it.

Have a nice day!
Brutus361

Brutus361

Hi Jurgen,

I have another idea, did you know the nuvinci hub it's may be help to have greater top speed on your old blade and better hill climbing ability. And if you put a goods set of LifePo on it running at 72 volt i think you have a great eletric motocross in your hand and is cheaper to buy a new one, i hope it's help.

have nice day!
Brutus361

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture

Then my stupid question is why you don't design your own frame and takes the good parts from your blade or may be bought new parts for it.

Have a nice day!
Brutus361

I would love to design my own frame and build it from there, but..................I am self employed ,have a wife and two kids and not a whole lot of free time. At the moment the best I have time for is to purchase an electric bike and modify it to my needs. There are alot more electric bike manufactures out there, but which to go with?

1. Electricmoto Blade XT (and new version in the works)

2. Quantya (The new EVO Supermoto coming out for special order)

3. Zero (right price ,wrong bike)

4. electricmotorsport.com Derbi supermoto convertion (great bike, good price, wrong batteries)

I will have to look closer at the options when the refund for the Blade XT comes through. May have to wait a while for the money as the Electricmoto factory doesn't have the funds at this time.

Regards Jurgen

Brutus361
ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is almost over.

Hi Jurgen,

If you have a lot of time in your hands it will be easy to design a frame, I understand. I think you have already convert a Honda CR, in the past before you bough the Blade 04.

Electricmoto:

Really great design the best looking motocross so far on the web, Quantya for me is a copy of this concept. I don't know what Electricmoto have in mind for there competitive version but it will be great, I’m really sure.

Quantya:

2 bikes the FMX and the EVO. I think is the same frame in both bike, Except for those upgrades, EVO 76 Volt lithium pack, the motor look likes a perm or may be a Lemco. Fork upgrade 45 mm, Brake upgrades 260 mm front, 220 mm rear. But the rear shock is cheap in both cases.
Zero X:

Great lithium pack, quick change pack, great price, ugly bike loll. Your old blade look better than the Zero and if you put a great lithium pack, like Lifebatt, on it is just look better again, sorry just kidding!.

Electricmotorsport.com:

I didn’t know their product, so have no comment on them.

At the end, if I’m the same situation as you. I may be tried to put a Nuvinci Hub on your blade 04 with a Lithium ion pack and it's only a suggestion I give to you, with a better upgrade control for the hub of course. Or can try to deal with electricmoto to test their new Competitive motocross, you have a lot of experience of reading an electricross, so why not. And you still waiting after them for a refund and they may sell you this motocross at a good price who knows!

Have nice day!
Bikeraider

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture

Hi Jurgen,

If you have a lot of time in your hands it will be easy to design a frame, I understand. I think you have already convert a Honda CR, in the past before you bought the Blade 04.

Ya a few things have passed through my garage.........

- 36 volt KX 125 convertion
- 72 volt CR 125 Convertion
- 72 Volt CBR 125R Convertion
- Numerous electric karts
- Countless personal EVs like scooters etc
- Custom builds like the dual motor wheelie couch.
- Helped with club and Customer EV builds/repairs.

Getting better with every one.

1904.jpg

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I love the couch!!!! :-)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

Brutus361

Hi Jurgen,

I wheelie couch 2 thumb's up, is really cool, like i say you have a lot of experience in electric EV lol !

Have a nice day!
Brutus361

Brutus361
ELECTRICMOTO XT Wait is almost over.

Hi Jurgen,

A nice bike to convert very light, it's impressive!

http://www.fxbikes.com/

have a nice day!
Brutus361

Roadrashhurts
Roadrashhurts's picture
Re: ELECTRICMOTO XT

Blade XT Update. Still no change with the refund. Electricmoto still says it doesn't have the funds to allow me to return the bike. As I wait they said it was OK to continue riding the bike.

Hope I can get this resolved soon. Quantya's new 2008 bikes are looking good.

track_03.jpg

Pages

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage