Z-20 Stress Test Presentation 1

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oliver
Oliver's picture

Uploaded 8 hours ago (10/01/07 8:37PM PST)
EVTAMERICA produced a video of the Z-20 electric motorcycle testing for speed on a highway in China. The Z-20 reaches a speed above its advertised top speed of 45 miles per hour. In fact it hits 50 miles per hour with the help of a slight down slope. This electric motocycle is the perfect vehicle for commuting. Has a range of about 40 miles and the batteries can be charged anywhere there is an electric outlet. For more detailed information go to www.evtamerica.com
The price is $2,500.00 plus shipping. This is a BEST BUY...considering

andrew
andrew's picture
Re: Z-20 Stress Test Presentation 1

Thats really the "Z-20 Speed Test - China 9-2007" video.

The "Z-20 Stress Test Presentation 1" is here.

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]
Pic from http://www.electri

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

A slight change to Oliver's post (can you spot the differences ;-) )

The XM-2000 reaches a speed above its advertised top speed of 45 miles per hour. In fact it hits 50 miles per hour with the help of a slight down slope. This electric motocycle is the perfect vehicle for commuting. Has a range of about 40 miles and the batteries can be charged anywhere there is an electric outlet. For more detailed information go to http://revevllc.com The price is $2000 delivered to your doorstep. An added benefit of the XM-2000 is that you can get one right now.

Seriously folks - I'm glad that you're posting some of the links to Z-20 testing - but no need for the infomercial. Like most infomercials it of course paints the bike in as best light as possible. I very much doubt you have a 40 mile range at 45mph - so, what are the conditions for that range? (for the XM-2000 you'd need to ride in low speed mode at a top speed of approximately 25mph to get that range - and your batteries would need to be brand new).

It is possible that the Z-20 will be better if it's batteries are better. But until we know that for sure (say about 1000 miles of testing by a customer) it's still all just hype...

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

andrew
andrew's picture

It appears that the infomercial part was taken from this page. Oliver, thanks for posting the video, but it would be helpful to put text copied in quotes so we know it is not your statements or opinion.

For example:

From site x:

like this

[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/587-my-kz750-electric-motorcycle-project]KZ750 Motorcycle Conversion[/url]
[url=/forum-topic/motorcycles-and-large-scooters/588-fixing-my-chinese-scooter]900 watt scooter[/url]

borgbike
borgbike's picture

Definitely fun to watch regardless of the commercial intent. Am I wrong or did I see a ZAP logo on the front legshield of the scooter?

GrooveConnection

Weight and size of driver??

Betcha this tiny (maybe 160 lbs or less) person would get a similar speed on an unrestricted e-max haha.
Look at how big the bike seems with this small driver on it. LOL
And then: how optmimistic was the speedo of the car in which our camera man sat, you think?

Boy I am sick of these homemade pseudo-sci movies.

That being said, still seems to be another good contender in the EVT or EMAX class....just not much faster.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

I watched both vids - they definitely look like they're the same as an XM2000 but just with a different swing arm and rear wheel. I fully expect quality to be at the same level as the XM2K. The performance is comparable.

So - buy an XM2000, now! (please?) ;-)

(I'll even make you a video with fancy flying letters and scrolling titles if that will make you feel better...)

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

ArcticFox
ArcticFox's picture

Batteries?

<table border="0" style="border:1px solid #999999; padding:10px;"><tr><td>
<a href="http://www.BaseStationZero.com">[img]http://visforvoltage.org/files/u419...
[size=1][color=black]www.[/color][color=#337799]BaseStationZero[/color][co

Oliver
Oliver's picture

Andrew,
Thanks for posting the link, I've seen a lot of post here and no quotation marks were used, I don't see the big issue.
A Mod can add the proper quotation marks if it's that big of a problem.
BTW, I've never ridden the new Z-20,and haven't been to China recently. I have a Vectrix already on order, so I have no interest in a Z-20 or R-20.
I've sent several people a link to Revolution EV,since he is a fellow community member, and never heard back from anyone.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

Thanks for providing the link to folks I appreciate that. I've not had anyone contact me either (unless they tried before the site was officially announced).

I must be confused though:

Re: EVT America Z-20a and Z-20b
Submitted by Oliver on Thu, 08/16/2007 - 13:30.

I've ridden the Z-20 several times

I note now that this refers to the old one. What affiliation did you have with EVTA to get to ride the old one?

Also:

Re: Got My XM-2000 VIN and MSO Today
Submitted by jdh2550_1 on Sat, 09/01/2007 - 17:21.
... I guess I may have over reacted to your note stating that "whoever thinks an XM-2000 is like a Z20 must be blowing smoke" (that's my paraphrasing of what you said not a direct quote). That seemed rather aggressive - so I responded in kind. ...

I can't find the original post where someone (who I thought at the time was you - and I'm usually pretty careful) said they were just back from Miami and they'd ridden a Z-20 and then made the comparison with the XM2K. So if that wasn't you then I apologize...

My guess is that the original post was deleted for whatever reason some moderator decided appropriate. Hopefully there will be a lot less deleting moving forward.

When will you get your Vectrix? That is by far the best electric motorbike out there right now.

Mountain chen

Though it is very slow and buffering,finally it spend 2 hours for me to watch whole video with patient....

Professional testing should show speed on GPS or car speed meter which is much more accurate,I have 15 years motorcycles riding experience,according to my feeling on the passing consult ...the max speed is no more than 60km/h,let alone 80km/h. 2 rider speed less than 55km/H.

Another truth is that the white lination on chinese road is 10 meters between each other(5meter lination and 5 meter blank,the length of Z-20 is 170cm ),if speed exceed 72km/h,it should pass 2 white lination every second,but it is definitely much slower......1 hour= 3600 seconds

2 riders and shows 80km/H on speed meter...what a fake speed meter.

Anyone here want to bet with me the speed ? 80km/h or 60km/h ? just take care of your pocket.

Professional testing should show the speed and Amp meter on scooter like this photo.
73kmh_on_real_road_tesing_1.jpg

And this Z-20 is really bad finished,if it already tested 1000kms as they said,the rough should be plastic shell instead of frame and painting,its plastic looks very new,but frame already rust too much and bad connection structure....I think the factory have no experence of modifying petrol scooter into electric power.

I am more eager to watch their climbing Video......to see if 2 rider (350pound) could stop and start on 10 degree slope.....EVT never show climbing on their website,which is their most weakness.

I don't want to pick them a hole....but I think EVT had better to be honest and show dymo testing sheet instead of unprofessional video. So that we can calculate the speed and climbing ourself according to RPM and torque....

A small detail...the voltage show very low battery,it seems the scooter consume a lot of electric already,it should be very big current on controller.And how come high speed come from low voltage ?

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture

PJD - yes I agree with you that on paper the Z-20 will have better hill climbing characteristics. However, "better" is a relative term. One needs to know what goal one is trying to reach. I suspect that the XM2K in low, doing approx. 25mph, would handle Pittsburgh hills. What performance are you looking for? Give us a percentage incline, a rider weight and a desired speed.

usatracy - you like doing tests and videos. If PJD comes through with some specs then how about a hill climbing test for the XM2K?

For my money I'm more interested in the increased acceleration to better match traffic flow patterns. I still accelerate too slowly in a lot of cases. I've yet to determine what I need so I don't know if a Z will meet my needs...

Mountain chen

Look carefully the video time,just calculate its speed,during 9:03 to 9:23,in 20 second,it passed 22pcs of white lination,which means the speed would be around 40km/h during this period......only half of 80km/h ????????????????

Mountain chen

Look at the motor,it is apparently not the same as the disc brake motor on EVT website,this is not a bulk production motors,I believe the waiting list club should wait another more year before EVT deliver.

Hidden controller is not good for heat spread,espeically big AMP controller on EVT.

Mountain chen

during 7:50 to 8:34,it pass 50 lination in 44seconds .......it is very accurate speed....less than 50km/h when they talking about 70/h and 74/h....

DonCristobal
DonCristobal's picture

While I can appreciate everyone's efforts on validating the information in the video I fail to see the purpose of all the speculation and baseless calculation. The bottom line is that until someone actually gets a bike and can test it, it is a huge waste of time to try and determine just what the Z-20 can do. But hey, if y'all want to crunch numbers and profess them to the group, knock yourselves out.

As for all the comparisons to the XM-2000, same deal. You don't know what the Z-20 is truly capable of so why the heck do we have to compare the two all of the time. This is a thread about the Z-20, not the XM-2000. It would be most excellent if every thread about the Z-20 didn't have to be polluted with XM-2000 propaganda. Why not just create a thread called "why the XM-2000 is so great." I could start it if you want because quite frankly from all the constant chatter about the bike I could write volumes about how excellent it is, and oh what a price!

As far as this thread is concerned, yes, the video is amateurish. Let's not forget that EVT America is also amateurish. This is not a dig by any means, but rather, a fact. I will admit however that they appear to get more and more professional by the day. Instead of complain about the inadequacies of the video we should take note of the problems we see with it and then ask Fernando to address our concerns. We should be criticizing this as a advertisement not as some sort of published technical document.

I will offer up one observation. If you look at the way that the clothing flaps in the wind you can tell that the bike is moving rapidly or its just damn windy. Also, the speed at which the scenery moves is pretty fast. I ride my bicycle at 24 miles an hour and the scenery doesn't move nearly as rapidly when you look to either side. If EVTA says its that fast, well, great, thanks for showing me with a video.

Don Cristobal
EVTA Z-20b
---
Ohm is where the heart is.

DWrath

Thank DonCristobal. I agree completely.

andrew
andrew's picture

It would be most excellent if every thread about the Z-20 didn't have to be polluted with XM-2000 propaganda. Why not just create a thread called "why the XM-2000 is so great." I could start it if you want because quite frankly from all the constant chatter about the bike I could write volumes about how excellent it is, and oh what a price!

I second that. I suggest you start the thread. Its like we can't have a conversation about any scooter anymore without XM-2000 popping up. Yes we know about the XM-2000, and now we are trying to forget about the XM-2000 because we are NOT TALKING ABOUT THE XM-2000 RIGHT NOW!

...I fail to see the purpose of all the speculation and baseless calculation. The bottom line is that until someone actually gets a bike and can test it, it is a huge waste of time to try and determine just what the Z-20 can do. But hey, if y'all want to crunch numbers and profess them to the group, knock yourselves out.

Yes, and no. Our number crunching probably won't prove anything. And we really can't with the information available. This is just a discussion on a web form, and we don't mean to offend anyone who's put a deposit down on the Z20. TBH, I did notice that the scenario seemed to move quickly, and I'd judge that they are certainly going faster than 25 mph from my experience riding.

vinnie

I also concur that the XM-2000 celebration needs to calm down a bit. It is clogging up the threads making them hard to comb through. As a purchaser of neither an XM-2000 nor a Z-20, I would prefer to read about them independently.

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Vinnie
Broomfield, CO

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage