Vectrix Motorcycle Cover?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Infinite
Vectrix Motorcycle Cover?

I have never purchased a cover for a motorcycle before. Anyone recommend one or point me to one that is nice for the Vectrix?

Thanks!

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture
Re: Vectrix Motorcycle Cover?

Apparently Vectrix do one for the maxi-scooter. I've not seen one in person or in a brochure but I'd be interested if one was available in the UK. The only brochure I have contains the lower seat option, Winter and Sports wind-shields and the centre stand.

Infinite

My brother in-law got me one from Classic Accessories: See Link.

http://www.classicaccessories.com/product_detail.aspx?pid=171&cid=11

Make sure to get the "LARGE" for the Vectrix. Trust me, trust the picture, don't trust the posted sizes on the website. The "Small" does NOT fit the Vectrix! Save yourself the trouble and just get the "Large".

The large fits very nicely.

t's very cold in Seattle at present so I am not too concerned about heat issues. I will post a picture later on along with figuring out any quirks about letting the bike breath.

NOTE: I am just recommending the fit. :)

AndY1
AndY1's picture

If it's cloth cover, it's ok. If it's plastic, don't have it on the bike for too long, because there's a condensation under the cover after a day or two, which may effect your Vectrix' paint.

These plastic covers have a special warning against having it covered for more than a few days due to condensation.

kevin smith
kevin smith's picture

nice one thought my paint work was looking a little dull on the sides so think i will try out bed sheep under my
bike cover .. kev

Infinite

That is good to know.

The cover is plastic (I think), but it has cloth patches on the inside where the cover touches the bike. Most likely they are for reenforcement.

I drive my Vectrix to work about every day so the cover is rarely on for more the 8-12 hours a day. It's mostly to protect from bird crap, sap, and random snow and sleet this year. :/ The bike is in the garage at work for most of the day so UV isn't a real issue presently. If I am going to store the bike for a while I'll be putting it in my garage. (Which means cleaning it out.) :D

Thanks for the advice.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage