Daymak battery charger

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
atom
Daymak battery charger

Hello,

Does anyone out there have a Daymak ebike? 48V charger? I need to get a picture of the circuit board since I fried a couple of resistors by leaving it out in the rain while plugged in one night (WHOOPS!) Won't make that mistake again. There are 4 screws on the charger to take off the cover and look at the board. Here's hoping someone has 10 minutes to do this. Thx!

marylandbob
Re: Daymak battery charger

Keep in mind that resistors normally do not fry because they get wet! Resistors fry because SOMETHING ELSE has failed, drawing too much current through the resistor!-Using a good test meter, check all semiconductors, and inspect the circuit board carefully, as it is possible there are other parts damaged, and if not corrected, new resistors will also fail.--Bob

Robert M. Curry

Ken68
Ken68's picture

Usually the high power transistors (3 Amp) short out when they get wet. After they short out they send high current 3 Amps through the 1/4 watt resistors thus burning out the 1/4 watt resistors. I have seen the exact same thing happen to over 2 dozen Luyuan E-Bike chargers so far. And most of Daymak E-Bikes are Luyuan made.

Ken Finch

Thanks,
Ken Finch

atom

I'll be sure to check the other components at a friend's house who has the necessary instrumentation and report back my findings. Could it be pooling of water from the rain shorting the circuit? Thx guys for the quick responses.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage