Laws on E-Bikes in Florida ... Look here !!!!!

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
sixpax2k9
Laws on E-Bikes in Florida ... Look here !!!!!

I just totally took down the state attorney today. It took 3 months but they finally got on their knees. I will be posting pics of all the court documents I submitted. So if you ever have a problem in Florida you will just be able to DL and print these out for a SLAM DUNK CASE!!!!! That is.... as long as you dont upgrade your xb-600 etc to go over 20 mph!!!!! Even if you do this may still work.... Its very late, I will try to scan and upload documents in the next few days...

Thanks and peace out!!!!!!!!!!

edjen1212
Re: Laws on E-Bikes in Florida ... Look here !!!!!

I have just read you message for the first time. I'm very interested in the information you have gathered. Please post it. It will be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Ed in Florida

sixpax2k9

ok sorry.. been pretty busy lately... I have quite a few things to scan onto my computer so i will try to do it this weekend...

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

edjen1212

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout for it.
Ed in Florida

sixpax2k9

OK, here is mostly everything I used in my case.. I will modify the post to clear up any mis-understandings of what is what if need be...

Included are....

Probably the first Florida E-bike case with Jose Garcia riding an expresso S

Mr. Inman guilty of riding an electric scooter with NO pedals

My dismissal papers
My dismissal papers

Specs of the xb-600 and Expresso S obtained from websites

Florida Bicycle Statute

Florida statues regarding Electric assisted bicycles

Hope this helps anyone else in Florida. It took 3 months but they finally dismissed it, with this info, hopefully you wont even GET the first ticket!!!!! If you have all this on you and they still ticket you, I would look into getting a Lawyer to sue for harassment!!!!

Dave ; Tennessee
XB-600.

edjen1212

I have just completed making copies of the documents you have enclosed. I will follow your advice and carry them on my XB- 600 and hopefully avoid legal problems. Thanks much.
Ed in Florida

Spaceangel

I have been riding my XM-3000 since I got it during this past summer in Massachusetts without a tag and always slow. All cars including cop cars pass me all the time. I ride as fast as edge of road allows. Never have I been pulled over and most of the time ride with others with moped and other low speed ICE vehicles. I carry documentation for the XB-600 and H.R. 727 with me at all times. I am modifying it to place saddlebags from eBay on it to carry more groceries. I only racked up 500 plus KM so far but still worry "what if....."
I do the same with the VX-1 and any one knows that is a real bike and not a slow speed toy. Again when riding slow with others it is likely that you will be ignored. During the winter months I am going to modify the XM-3000 body to look like my smaller scoots. I wonder if home made E-bikes will hold up in court under HR 727.

KB1UKU

robert93
robert93's picture

Two things, First, always ride with the pedals on, as HR 727 and most states require them under definitions of "Electric Assist Bicycles", "must have functioning pedals for the purpose of propulsion"
HR 727 was meant to establish a "Federal minimum safety standard" , and only overrides state laws of a more lax nature with regard to e-bikes. If your state still has a tougher bike law, you need to lobby your congressmen to update to a reasonable standard. A shame the lows of the land arent written in the common man's English

Rocky Romero

Hope this helps anyone else in Florida.

Thanks for this input.

It helps me in Illinois to have this info.

sangesf

How did you get them to dismiss?

If you didn't have the pedals on , you were driving a scooter.. I'm morbidly curious.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Juli76
  • xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot

Support V is for Voltage