Hesketh Motor Company HMC

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hesketh Motor C...
Hesketh Motor Company HMC

Hello,

The ‘Hesketh’ team have been monitoring this website for the past few months and have been overwhelmed with the passion shown for the Vectrix Electric scooters. We have taken on board all comments both positive and negative, and intend to utilize all the valuable information you have gathered whilst using your bikes. We understand that there are some important issues that need to be addressed such as spare parts and technical support, yet the overall product as we all know is fantastic, thus we intend to keep the positives and iron out the negatives.

To clear up any misunderstanding and speculation this is the position:

Hesketh Motorcycles Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hesketh Motor Company Ltd.

Hesketh Motorcycles Ltd entered into and exclusive agreement with Vectrix Poland on the 1st October 2009 to become the sole importer for the Vectrix range of bikes in the UK, Eire and Channel Islands. All bikes will be re-branded and sold under the Hesketh Motor Company brand.

All new bikes sold under the HMC brand will have a full 2 years parts and labour warranty, supported by the manufacturer.

All bike spare parts and accessories are now available and can be ordered by going to www.heskethmotorcycles.net clicking the ‘spare parts/accessories’ tab and simply explaining what you require in the ‘comments’ section. You will then be contacted by one of our team. Note: we will only supply spare parts and accessories to individuals or companies resident within our importer territory.

Through the services of EVAssist, HMC is delighted to announce that it has retained the services of Steve Scott for warranty and servicing work on Vectrix and Hesketh bikes. Steve can be contacted through our website.

For enquiries relating to warranties prior to the 1st October 2009 please contact us again through our website.

HMC.

jdh2550_1
jdh2550_1's picture
Re: Hesketh Motor Company HMC

Hi HMC,

Kudos for clearing up a lot of questions with this post.

One more question: I see your agreement is with Vectrix of Poland, do you have any relationship with "New Vectrix"? I believe that "New Vectrix" is the group buying the rest of the assets?

Welcome to the board - I hope you'll become an active participant.

Best of luck.

John H. Founder of Current Motor Company - opinions on this site belong to me; not to my employer
Remember: " 'lectric for local. diesel for distance" - JTH, Amp Bros || "No Gas.

michaelt

Thank you for the post, terrific news that you have retained Steve who we all will agree is a great asset and has been particularily helpful with advice to myself here in the antipodes.

Victrix

I find it very reassuring that Hesketh has taken the opportunity to follow our owner discussions on this forum and inform us of their presence and interest. I sincerely hope that the managers of New Vectrix are also doing so, and will very soon post a similar thread to similarly reassure North American Vectrix owners. We invite your participation, gentlemen!

RaDy
RaDy's picture

Welcome HMC, you have made the right moves by retaining Steve Scott(Experience,know how and confidence) and presenting yourselfs in V, meaning : that at least you are worried about the "real(down to earth) Information" of the product.Best of luck in your new adventure.

Domi422
Domi422's picture

Great for all the UK Vectrix riders, hope we will soon hear some similar news for the other parts of Europe...

Le site des utilisateurs français (The French user's website) http://www.vectrix.fr/

R
R's picture

It has been rumoured that (New) Vectrix offered the same conditions to the spanish dealer, however they declined to put their "goinggreen" brand on the vectrixs. Anyway, a new contract as been arranged, and it seems (Not sure) that the Iberian V bikes will have their warranty supported.
Rady, will you come to the Volttour meeting at the quantyaparx?

raytheham
raytheham's picture

Thank you Hesketh, 1:- For continuing to support the Vectrix VX1. 2:- Employing the services of Steve Scott and his venture.
As an early adopter of the Vectrix (bought from the UK launch at Spitalfields) I have been incredibly happy with the bike's concept and reality. The engineering support from Steve and his team has been superb.

Yes we would all like more range and a little more speed but as a whole it has been brilliant. To have a name like Hesketh associated with the Vectrix brand can only be good for the marque. I look forward to a long and happy electric experience!
All the best
Ray

Ray

Buzby
Buzby's picture

My VX1 started to falter last month, becoming very unreliable, unable to go faster than 25kph before coasting to a stop - no error lights or indications, and a total loss of regen. True to their word, an email to Jason as Hesket resulted in a phone call and a chat with Steve (Scott) for a remedial walk through, which hopefully sill save on a 400 mile round trip to Manchester for my (otherwise totally reliable) VX1. I've now got some confidence I'll be back on the road soon - so thanks Hesketh, hopefully you'll manage a few geographically significant dealer points round the UK.

- Raymond

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Resolved! (See Gold Star thread).

- Raymond

eyeinthesky
eyeinthesky's picture

"Hesketh Motorcycles Ltd can only deal with parts, accessory and
warranty enquiries within our defined territories which are the UK, Eire and
Channel Islands".
Is the reply I got when I enquired on purchasing a component for my scooter.
Whats so hard about posting a part to another country?
Ozzies dont hold your breath if you want an upgrade.

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Probably because THAT is the territory they've bought or agreed to. Other dealers/distributors may have paid to service these areas, so it makes sense why they don't want to hack off those dealers by creating issues. Seems reasonable, under the circumstances.

- Raymond

jmap
jmap's picture

(...)
All bike spare parts and accessories are now available and can be ordered by going to www.heskethmotorcycles.net clicking the ‘spare parts/accessories’ tab and simply explaining what you require in the ‘comments’ section. You will then be contacted by one of our team. Note: we will only supply spare parts and accessories to individuals or companies resident within our importer territory. (...)

That include all the European Union members?

R
R's picture

As far as i'm concerned, only the islands: England, Scotland and Ireland. Do you need parts?
If yes, You should ask you local dealer to know if new contracts have been arranged. In iberia "Goinggreen" has already arranged a new contract with new vectrix. I suggest you call Vectrix Madrid and ask about the possibility of selling to you vectrix parts. As you are in Lisbon, I don't think there would be any problem.

The official webpage: http://www.goinggreen.es.
If you want, send me a private message with all what you need and your email and I'll send it directly to a proper person, you'll receive a fast answer.

myvectrix2008
myvectrix2008's picture

I made enquiries about the Winter Wind-shield and Givi box but was told they are waiting on a delivery price from the manufacturer. Looks like I will have to wait a bit longer! There is also no centre stand available at the moment "although this may change when the new bikes are launched later in 2010."

jmap
jmap's picture

As far as i'm concerned, only the islands: England, Scotland and Ireland. Do you need parts?
If yes, You should ask you local dealer to know if new contracts have been arranged. In iberia "Goinggreen" has already arranged a new contract with new vectrix. I suggest you call Vectrix Madrid and ask about the possibility of selling to you vectrix parts. As you are in Lisbon, I don't think there would be any problem.

The official webpage: http://www.goinggreen.es.
If you want, send me a private message with all what you need and your email and I'll send it directly to a proper person, you'll receive a fast answer.

Thanks... Right now I am only interested in the winter shield. But I am generaly interested because the listed prices are astronomical and that´s a big problem for all of us after the end of the warranty. Prices are too high, they must go down and perhaps dealing "almost" directly with the factory could help.

R
R's picture

Thanks... Right now I am only interested in the winter shield.

Ok, I'll ask.
RaDy
RaDy's picture

I ordered and paid a winter windshield on the 20th of october to the spanish dealer, and i am still waiting, ill let you know if get it some day :)

R
R's picture

Llons! encara no te'l han enviat, Rady? llavors no val la pena ni que truqui!
No need to ask, it seems that the dealer has no one in stock.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76
  • xovacharging

Support V is for Voltage