End of the road

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
israndy
israndy's picture
End of the road

Well, I had my fun, but I fear my Vectrix have both bitten the dust. The one I upgraded to Leaf batts swole and needs to be junked and the original that I have had since 2009 finally threw a battery error. I am 61 and just not excited about picking up battery packs anymore.

How do you junk a motorcycle? I have always just sold them but these are not ridable any more. I could part them out, but who knows what a Vectrix is anymore?

I am in the East Bay of California if anyone is interested.

Mel
Mel's picture
Re: End of the road

Sad news - hate to lose two of the survivors ... Have you considered stripping and selling things like the MCB, ICM, BMU if fitted to the Leaf machine? The European whatsapp group would be keen to buy I think ... check the Vectrix Worldwide group - they are discussing your bikes on it! Best wishes, Mel (UK)

Daytona Blue VX-1, 2008. Matt Black VX-1, 2008.

Kevin_in_VA

You sure put a lot into these bikes over the years, Randy, and I'm sorry to hear things are ending on a low note. With a finite supply of these bikes left in the world, I would really hate to see two more discarded. Many good, very usable parts left on them, and certainly plenty of potential for someone else to get one or both back on the road.

Even a modest price on Facebook Marketplace would likely see them quickly go to a good home. The batteries alone could serve another project. I live in the opposite coast from you, so I'm unable to scoop them up, but I can't imagine there isn't at least one very enthusiastic Californian who wouldn't want to resuscitate these unique electric vehicles!

Syle3

Hello, I don't understand. Why aren't they ridable? (In scolar english please :) ) exept in crash, a vx can be sold for reparing. Regards

Syle3

Please let us a few days to check travel price to Europe. Imagine you let them go for free instead of junking. Maybe not so pricy.

Syle3

Please tell me wich town you are for getting a transport quote.

R
R's picture

Hi Randy, quite sad, but nothing is forever and live goes on. It's been a great pleasure to share the vectrix's ownership here in this forum. Please, do not part it out or scrap, there's a person in the Vectrix World Group who can help to give a second live to your vectrix (anyone interested in joining this whatsapp group please write me). By the way, I just want to outline that we have available new BMSs, new tc charger (3,3, 6,6 or 9,9 kw) with control unit, new magnetic encoder, all firmware integrated. ( not old laser system), On the other hand, here in catalunya he have a shop where they repair and upgrade the MC with 500W dcdc and copper cylinders: Our vectrix still have plenty future to ride, and they will be alive as long as every owner wants.

israndy
israndy's picture

>>Hello, I don't understand. Why aren't they ridable? (In scolar english please :) ) exept in crash, a vx can be sold for reparing.

I upgraded the one dark green bike to Leaf cells and they expanded over the winter, need to pull them but they are rather wedged in place.

The other bike is on the second set of NiMH batts from Vectrix, replaced right after their first bankruptcy, so not new cells, and they now throw an error when trying to charge. I was getting similar issues when I pulled the batts from the other bike and it turned out one cell had burned up. I was gonna try to do a project with the remaining batts, but found it too complicated. Ended up buying a couple of Zendure Superbase V's instead, so I need to recycle the Leaf and Vectrix cells and find a home for the batt free bike and another home for my original silver bike that's throwing an error

Galago

In the words of the late great Wayne Green: " Never say 'Die' "...

Go Vectrix !

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4

Support V is for Voltage