VX-1 can not start up

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
electric_boogie
electric_boogie's picture
VX-1 can not start up

(Moderator): This topic has been closed at the request of the author who worried it was causing unnecessary confusion. The bike is working again. Thanks to all who helped.

My VX-1 die today when I came to a full stop right before the "Throttle" error signal came on. Then I try to restart the scooter but the "Ready" signal never came on so I could not get my bike to start up even thought everything else seems normal. During start up, the bike went through the usual start up phases but when the "Ready" signal was suppose to come up, it never did. Any have experience this problem before and do you have a remedy for this? Of is my bike just useless now. Thank you in advance for your comment and response.

Steve

vectrix07
Re: VX-1 can not start up

My VX-1 die today when I came to a full stop right before the "Throttle" error signal came on. Then I try to restart the scooter but the "Ready" signal never came on so I could not get my bike to start up even thought everything else seems normal. During start up, the bike went through the usual start up phases but when the "Ready" signal was suppose to come up, it never did. Any have experience this problem before and do you have a remedy for this? Of is my bike just useless now. Thank you in advance for your comment and response.

Steve

Check your kill switch, if it is on the ready signal will not come on.

marylandbob

Check the BRAKE swithc connections on the handlebars, they may be loose/corroded. Mine had a similar problem I fixed it by removing the connector cover, sprayed it with "WD40" and re-assembled, then all was OK! Check also the sidestand and kill switches.

Robert M. Curry

electric_boogie

My kill switch is at the "OFF" mode already so it should start. Kickstand was up. Problem is that when I turn the ignition key to ON, the odometer meter will turn all the way to the right and then when it return to zero, the "Ready" signal never comes on. Preventing me from activating my right hand brake to the "Go" status to get the bike going. Thank you for your response.

Dump the Pump!

vectrixcr

accenda lo scooter, spegni il tasto rosso e tiri la leva freno SX e guardi la lancetta contachilometri cosa indica,dovrebbe indicare tra i 40Km e 45km,

AndY1
AndY1's picture

accenda lo scooter, spegni il tasto rosso e tiri la leva freno SX e guardi la lancetta contachilometri cosa indica,dovrebbe indicare tra i 40Km e 45km,

Google translate: it ignites the scooter, you extinguish the red key and you pull the lever brake SX and you watch the pointer odometer what it indicates, it would have to indicate between the 40Km and 45km,

electric_boogie

Thanks AndY1 for the proper translation. My attempt on the google translate did not make any sense at all. I got the just of it from yours. with the left brake press indicate 25km and with both left and right brake pressed indicate 26km so it appears the throttle is properly calibrated. Best news of all, when I started the ignition this morning to check on the throttle calibration, the "Ready" sign came back up and I was able to activate the "Go" mode. Scooter is starting up again. Thanks everyone. I have unplugged the scooter half way during the charging process last night and tried to start up but the "Ready" mode never came up. I guess allowing the entire charging process allows the bike to reset and recalibrate everything back in order.

Dump the Pump!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

No problem :-)

But when you press the left brake, the spedometer should show between 40-45km/h and not 25km/h. Maybe there's your problem. Throttle calibration.

When you turn the bike on, do you leave the throttle left alone until the spedometer needle comes back to 0? It should be left alone until then.

electric_boogie

Hi AndY1, yes I leave the left brake handle bar alone while starting up.

Dump the Pump!

AndY1
AndY1's picture

Hi!

But when you press the left brake, the spedometer should show between 40-45km/h and not 25km/h.

And what happens here? Does it show 25km/h or aprox. 43km/h?

Mik
Mik's picture

You need to leave the throttle alone during start-up.

This information may be used entirely at your own risk.

There is always a way if there is no other way!

antiscab

My kill switch is at the "OFF" mode already so it should start.

If the killswitch is in the off position, the bike *won't* start......it needs to be "on"

The on/off positions reversed during the 2007 production series IIRC.

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Topic locked

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57