Anyone know where to get a 1000W currie motor xyd-14A to mod a Schwinn S750?

5 replies [Last post]
hemiblas

I'm trying to upgrade my S750 to a bit more power and noticed that currie made a 1000W motor. I cant find it anywhere. Anyone know where to get one or have one that would be willing to sell? Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Chasbro
Re: Anyone know where to get a 1000W currie motor xyd-14A to ...

I had an E-Zip 750 (same machine as yours I bekieve)
The 750 motor is very understressed.
I had very good luck by adding another battery (36 volts) and adding 4 teeth to the motor sprocket.
It went from 15 mph to 25-29 mph. As for reliability, I gave it to my grandson and he hasn't been able to blow it up.
Let me know if you want details

Charles

hemiblas

Thanks for the response. the 750w motor I have is rated at 36V and I am overvolting it to 51.8V with lipo batteries with a 50A, 48V controller. You are right its a pretty strong motor and understressed at stock voltage. With the lipo batteries, It accelerates pretty quickly, and runs about 21mph right now with the stock gearing. I'm looking for a bit faster. I know the 1000W motor is about 2" longer and about 1/2" wider than the 750w and it has fins so it should stay cooler. I've been looking everywhere, but I cant find anyone that carries it.

Chasbro

It sounds like you have definately taken care of the battery upgrade.
You probably will need a bigger motor although that is going to take some fabrication skills I'm afraid.
In the meantime you might want to try a taller gear.
TNC Scooters has a 15 tooth (item # 106015)
It fit mine without having to lengthen the chain, although barely.
My stock 11 tooth sprocket was pressed on rather firmly (in addition to the roll pin), so plan on a small puller to get it off.
Either way, let us know how it turns out.

Charles

oldhip

Yep i gots a brand new one i ordered about 3 years ago and its still in the box from electricscooterparts.com.
also have a Navitas TSP10036 controler and the throttle controls.
My Email: gwjerry@yahoo.com

hemiblas

I sent you an email about the motor. I have been running the 750 motor and was working pretty well. I ended up upgrading it to a 1000W unite motor and building a new motor plate out of aluminum. Its a nice upgrade. The 36V unite motor at 52V runs pretty nicely on the bike and doesnt get warm at all geared with a 13T pinion.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
V3 Cycle Analyst for Electric Bikes Ebike Display The Cycle Analyst V3 dashboard with speedometer sensor and magnet is a great addition to any Ebike
Motenergy ME-0907 Brushless DC Permanent Magnet Motor 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Brushless Motor equivalent to the ETEK
Revenge of the Electric Car The electric car is not only back from the dead, it's inevitable
Motenergy ME-0907 Brushless DC Permanent Magnet Motor 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Brushless Motor equivalent to the ETEK
Customize This