Last post
Mik
Mik's picture
Power supply on ebay
Domi422
Domi422's picture
Re: Power supply on ebay

Unfortunately, all I can get when I follow your link is :
Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Le site des utilisateurs français (The French user's website) http://www.vectrix.fr/

Spaceangel
Re: Power supply on ebay

Mik
I do got to ask why pay good money for a power supply for a VX-1 Vectrix? It has about 108 cells at a rated 125 volt and charges to 148 to 150 volt on the Speedometer. An easy way to make a Vectrix charger is use any modified sine wave inverter which makes 120 VOLT AC 60 Hz. Maybe a 50 hertz one will work? In all the specs I read. they make 145 volt and when rectified and filtered it will make 145 volts. I power my HAM shack using 48 volt solar panels into a Xantrex controller into a bank of Gel Cells and when I need AC, I used a 2500 watt Inverter to make AC and rectified it to charge my bank of Pb-acid battery pack to 145.00 volts period. I had 12 batteries and when one died I measure pack and it was so close I said this might work and it did. Eleven Marine batteries at 13.5 volt = 148 volts so it it is so close. But NiMH pack would be dead on the monies exact. AC inverters are so cheap and veratale so that is why I ask that? Leave a little pig tail so you can measureand charge VX-1 pack using Anderson power poles. You can use it for Laptop power cubes too. They accept DC OR AC in. My VX-1 sat around and when I saw it was only 5 bars down I rode it 50 feet and it made battery light come on and died. Oops
So I had to cheat in order to charge it. Fake reading on battery gauge. Battery pack has to have 100 or so volts in order for charger to work. Now my range is back up to 10 or 15 miles again.
What is good or great about using an AC Inverter is that it is really a square wave and not sine. So it is also perfect for making DC voltages.
The only thing you might want to do is add a 1/2 Ohm resistor to limit current to battery pack.

KB1UKU

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage