Xiamen ZAP EV MANUFACTORING Co.Ltd Electric Vehicles Mountain Chen. Beware of this!

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Martin Collins
Xiamen ZAP EV MANUFACTORING Co.Ltd Electric Vehicles Mountain Chen. Beware of this!

Important information for investors in the electric vehicle market.

In the next 2 month a Chinese company is going to offer stocks on Australian and Pacific stock market.

The company: Xiamen ZAP EV MANUFACTORING Co.,Ltd Electric Vehicles
General Manager: Mr. Mountain Chen

ZAP Ltd. told our business partner by e-mail that they are bankrupt.
(I saw and read this e-mail by my self)
A business partner of us lost last year 200.000 USD.
The quality of the manufactured goods are very very bad.

30% of customers gave the goods back to the dealers.

The reason for the problems are lack of battery and controller systems.

Our business partner prepaid the whole goods and is still waiting for delivery of a new charge and have been waited since 5 month for spare parts and replacement parts.

ZAP Ltd. told our business partner, “please wait” for our new production shipment, again and again and again.

Our business partner don’t believe any longer in statements of the manufacturer’s general manager Mr. Mountain Chen.

Beware of this company.

Dr. Martin Collins
Development engineer, Sydney

CHL lithium battery
CHL lithium battery's picture
Re: Xiamen ZAP EV MANUFACTORING Co.Ltd Electric Vehicles ...

Hi,Guy,who are you ? are you on nightmare ?

Xiamen ZAP is neighbour to my company and they work well. Could you show some photos of our defect CHL batteries ?

Don't defame on internet without proof.

CHL lithium battery

CHL battery.jpg

pcarlson1979
pcarlson1979's picture

Well I certainly hope this in not true because my wife and I have had our scooters for nearly 3 months now and have had no major things go wrong. But when little problems occur I have had absolutely fantastic customer service from Eric from eRider Australia. I've had no problems with parts or advice. I have been very happy with my dealings with eRider and PDT so far.

------------------------------
eRider 8000w Scooter - PDT Version
72v 50AH CHL battery
350A Sevcon controller

24km: Delivered - 24 September 2011
2490km: Installed dual 35w HID lights Bi-Xenon Projectors - 27 November 2011
8313km: Installed BMS -

pcarlson1979
pcarlson1979's picture

And another thing. I really do hope they float the company and make a sh@# load of money because that will mean better designs, better bike, more bikes which will REDUCE carbon emissions. As a qualified electrical engineer I can say that the current PDT version of my scooter uses HIGH QUALITY electronics in the speed controller and software. And as for the batteries, these 50Ah CHL batteries are nothing short of AMAZING! The voltage sag under heavy loads is AMAZING. To see a scooter at 80.7v on a freezing cold day and 115Amps only sag to 75.1v is fan-bloody-tastic!

Sure there are improvements to be made on the scooters, but you need to remember, the petrol car back in 1915 was far from reliable or well built. These electric scooters have come a long way and with companies like CHL, ERIDER, ZAP and this Mountain Chen guy, the scooters will continue to get better. I read articles about these PDT (plugin drive tech) scooters doing nearly 3000km a week delivering pizzas or burgers in Israel with minimal downtime. Also when one has a crash they manage to get parts to fix it.

Sorry but it just annoys me when people post on the net with no proof. Its like me saying "I saw an email from the manager of GENERAL MOTORS saying they were broke. Don't buy anymore of their cars, and their cars are very very bad quality". Maybe this guy with just 6 posts works for the oil industry and is scared of people like Mountain Chen who is pushing the electric vehicle industry FORWARD!!

72v 50AH CHL battery
350A Sevcon controller

franzellin

a few months ago I have seen mr.Chen on one chinese television channel, showing the new production line for lithium batteries and the speaker was describing mr.chen as one of the leading managers of the region.
i can personaly imagine that is not so easy to create a company wiring the motors, another producing controllers another producing scooters and last not least one producing good batteries from zero and have no financing problems
if he has financing problems he will surely find investors , he only needs to ask, and a lot of people who respect him , me too, will answer positively

CHL lithium battery

That was TV news 2 years before,see http://v.xmnn.cn/index.php/video/index/52290,this year TV come again 2 times after Mountain chen jointed venture with CHL ,see http://v.xmnn.cn/index.php/video/index/80876 and http://v.xmnn.cn/index.php/video/index/69187 , never a EV company owns lithium battery manufacturing,motor manufacturing and painting shop.

IMG_0052.JPG
DSC03105.JPG

CHL lithium battery

EV baby enterprise is very difficulty to survival like this,don't kill each other.

pcarlson1979
pcarlson1979's picture

Holy crap!!! Look at the size of that green and black scooter!!! Imagine how many Ah can fit in there!! WOW! I want one!

72v 50AH CHL battery
350A Sevcon controller

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Holy crap!!! Look at the size of that green and black scooter!!! Imagine how many Ah can fit in there!! WOW! I want one!

That is the next project PDT have set their eyes on. But for me it is 2 sizes above what I need, and the looks are highly debateable...

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

antiscab

It's physically the same size as the Vectrix, which can fit 9kwh

I suspect the new 100Ah cells would be intended for this scooter.....

Matt

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

CHL lithium battery

It could be installed 28cell of our 50ah CHL battery.

marcopolo

In the next 2 month a Chinese company is going to offer stocks on Australian and Pacific stock market.The company: Xiamen ZAP EV MANUFACTORING Co.,Ltd Electric Vehicles.General Manager: Mr. Mountain Chen.

Mountain Chen does seem to attract postings from very dubious characters, who post mostly absurd lies about him and his business activities.Some of these seem to originate from his in-laws, and PRC business rivals. Others are disgruntled westerners who expect unrealistic products and services from Mountain Chen at 10% of the price they would pay in their own country.

So, my bet is there is no "Dr Martin Collins" , no university educated Australian would express himself with such poor grammar and accented phrasing. Nor would an educated Australian make the mistake of claiming that the prospectus/application included the "General manager" but not the Directors! This is a typical mistake made by citizens of the Peoples Republic of China.

Nor can I find any listing for an engineer in Sydney listed as "Dr Martin Collins"

Lastly, the is no such organisation as the "Australian and Pacific stock market" (there is an Asia Pacific Exchange. The APE is a small stock exchange based in Australia and formerly known as the Australia Pacific Exchange. The APE, is totally unrelated to the vastly larger Australian Stock Exchange).

Given this information, I would say, Beware of "Dr Collins"

Best of New Year to the eccentric but resolute Mountain Chen!

marcopolo

MAbike

So- PDT, based in Israel- contracts only at Chens. www.plugindrivetech.com
Does that help you?

You will not get better technology in China and surrouns - or in Massachusetts either.. Or quality control. I am not saying its perfect but you know the drill.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• janet

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07

Support V is for Voltage