New Vectrix VX-3 On march

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
edussanchez
New Vectrix VX-3 On march

Hello, im from Madrid, spain and I'm thinking On book The 3 wheels model. I have told to Going green (Madrid vectrix distributor) and they have some information about the bike:

First units provided about mid-march
Its possible to book one right now
3 abatible colors On spain : Black, white and silver
Final spanish price: 9.765 € (including 25% spanish electric vehicles)

Due to high fuel prices I'm almost convinced to sell my car and buy The vectrix. I prefer The 3 wheels model than The vx1 because I think could be a safer bike but there is no much information about The 2 front wheels articulated system. Does anyone knows something? Is it a good system? As good as The piaggio mp3?

Thanks!

Caruso
Caruso's picture
Re: New Vectrix VX-3 On march

I don't think a 3 wheel system is any safer than 2, unless you are expecting a lot of snow in Madrid?

But a 2 wheel Vectrix is as safe as any motorbike I know. The low centre of gravity makes it handle well, and you have 3 braking systems to count on.

CO2

Vectrix VX-3 is like MP3 from Piaggio... I saw very MP3 in Europe (Paris, Rome...)I think this is only a style or concept...but I like! :-)
And this price is for nimh or Li?

edussanchez

VX-3 is only avaible in LI+ version
Is heavier than the VX-1 LI+, I don´t remember but aprox 234kg, so the official battery range is lower than the LI+ (80-120km)

R
R's picture

hi edu.
The Vx3W is very safe in rainy/icy conditions, very stable.
And as far as I know, the LI+ units do not have problems inside the battery. they only need to be recharged every week under storage conditions.
Seems a good purchase.
Greetings from Barcelona.

CO2

hi edu.
The Vx3W is very safe in rainy/icy conditions, very stable.
And as far as I know, the LI+ units do not have problems inside the battery. they only need to be recharged every week under storage conditions.
Seems a good purchase.
Greetings from Barcelona.

Why recharged every week Lifepo4? Auto discharge is only 1% per month, I think? Or LI+ have a special recharge?

R
R's picture

The BMS drain a lot of energy.

CO2

How much per hour?
But the new Li don't have a system to cut this function? Imagine I'm in Holiday 2 months?

MEroller
MEroller's picture

Imagine I'm in Holiday 2 months?

Maybe connect the charger plug to a timer that will switch on once every week or two weeks for a few hours?
2 months holiday, now that WOULD be quite something :-)

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Well, it's March - anyone heard anything? I tried emailing Poland - but the email bounced. :(

- Raymond

Buzby
Buzby's picture

Well, it's March - anyone heard anything? I tried emailing Poland - but the email bounced. :(

- Raymond

marylandbob

i do not know if the Polish factory is still involved with VECTRIX, but I do know that the FACTORY in NEW BEDFORD, MASS. (USA) is producing the VX-1 nd VX-3, as I was there in person, and personally OBSERVED the assembly line! (I also saw, and held, the new LITHIUM battery pack!-I sure wish I had THAT in my VX-1, as the new Li+ battery gives about TWICE the usable range!) Try contacting VECTRIX in the USA, on Samuel Barnett Ave. New Bedford,n Massachusetts

Robert M. Curry

edussanchez

Here in Spain Vectrix distributor has anounced it:

http://www.moto125.cc/f125cc/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=items&id=503:vectrixvx3marzo

final price is 9600 eur (including government helps) and first units will be available on midd march

ProEV

Hi Everyone,

I am kind of hijacking this thread since I would have to reply 25 times to be able to start my own subject and I need help with my VX-3 now. A helpful forum member has given me access to the diagnostic software (thank you, you know who you r). I bought the proper USB to CANbus cable and got it to work on my Windows 7 computer. I have selected VX-3.
(sorry about the first picture being up side down)
IMG_0094l.jpg

I am using Version 1.0.1.1 compiled Jan 18 2012. Is that the right one?

I get some live info (MC volts) but the BMS is all red.

IMG_0093l.jpg

The BMS file is 003316-03-BMS24withBootloader.hex.

My VX-3 was a test bike and I do not know what might be different about it. Is there a way to download the current file to my computer so I will have a copy if I need to re-upload it? Which BMS file should I upload in it's place?

The bike power gets soft after about 14 miles and the red battery light comes on but not flashing.

Thanks for any help,

Cliff

JimmyB

You have an actual VX-3? We'd love to see pictures!

ProEV

What, didn't these come out in 2008 or 2009, or was it 2012? There must be a bunch of VX-3 out there.

Just kidding. Bought it from Piotr and Matteo (who bought Vectrix assets at bankruptcy auction) before it was shipped off the Poland. New title, 2009, <700 miles, had a tag on it saying 'test bike'. It also has kind of a funky added on switch to shut off power to the tilt lock.

IMG_0643.JPG

R
R's picture

Congratulations, this Vectrix is extremely rare!
I'm still astonished, all that money wasted to develope the 3wheel system, and vectrix never sold a single unit!
If only they had invested that money in improving the batteries and the BMS... I'm not surprised that Vectrix went bankrupt again.
ProEV, Do you know what are P&M going to do with all those vectrix assets?

ProEV

R,

I only know what was posted on the auction threads which seem to involve a plan to keep Vectrix going in Europe but then there seemed to be problems with their Dutch investors. It is not clear how it all shook out.

On VX-3 history, Crystal told me that there had been some problem with castings ( I am assuming the suspension members ) that delayed the release of the VX-3. I saw a VX-3 at a dealer in West Palm Beach years ago but they were not allowed to give test drives and were required to ship it back. Crystal also said that there was a total of around 20 built.

Cliff

www.ProEV.com

jethro

I rode about 2000 miles on a very early Vx3 using it for mainly for my commute It was the model that got the most response from the public. It handled slightly better than the Mp3 did at the time with the ability to drift the back end on tighter roundabouts in the wet!
Because it was a test bed the wiring loom was heavily modified and the body panels were somewhat ugly on the inside from being welded/glued.
One of its particularities was that if you turned it on and set off without waiting for the software to boot up was that the front tilt lock stayed on making cornering very interesting!

Edited to make sense!

ProEV

This one speed limits to 5 kilometers per hour until you press an orange button on the right handle. Then it beeps once and unlocks the front tilt. When the button is pressed again, it beeps twice and the next time the vehicle slows to 5 kilometers an hour, the tilt will lock again. 5 kph is really slow and more than once, I have had to put my feet down before the suspension locks. Sometimes, it comes on late when the bike is already tilting. The trick seems to be to stop quickly and the tilt will lock before Gravity has it's evil way!

There is a non factory looking toogle switch on the left side with a printed label that says 'Tilt Loc Pwr On'. When switched down, the Orange button does not work so the tilt does not engage or disengage and the speed limit does not happen. So, if I start off with the tilt locked and the switch down, I also can get full speed with the locked suspension.

I wonder why the switch is there?

Cliff

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage