Hi All, I forgot to introduce myself

6 replies [Last post]
toolboxjesse

My name is Jesse and I currently live in Atlanta, GA. I am an automotive engineer and have been riding motorcycles for more than 25 years (I started at age 12 with motocross bikes so I'm not so old ;-)). I have been performing almost all of my own work on cars and motorcycles since my teens (except for tires).

I got into scooters about 7 years ago after a near-miss while on a sport-bike persuaded me that these things are just too dangerous with bad "cage" drivers on the road. After a 2 year break from riding I started to get "that itch" and I bought a 250CC Honda Reflex (aka Forza I believe in other parts of the world.) 3 years ago I bought a Honda Silver Wing 600 and use that as my daily driver for a 45-mile round-trip commute.

I have had my eye on the Vectrix for many years, since around 2005, and I purchased one (Silver 2007 with 600mi) a few weeks ago from another member of this forum. I have only driven it about 50 miles so far for quick trips around Atlanta. I am very interested in eventually swapping to LiIon when the time comes and am always looking for accessories and maintenance tips.

Best regards,
Jesse in Atlanta

Jesse in Atlanta

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
toolboxjesse
Re: Hi All, I forgot to introduce myself

BTW- Looking for a center stand and various other parts.

Jesse

Jesse in Atlanta

toolboxjesse

toolboxjesse wrote:

(Silver 2007 with 600mi)

I meant 6000 miles.

Jesse

Jesse in Atlanta

toolboxjesse

I meant 6000 miles

Jesse in Atlanta

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Hi Jesse,

Congrats and welcome - I converted my '07 Vectrix to Li-ion last year:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/11525-50ah-li-ion-conversion-successful

using Antiscab's kit:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/10583-vectrix-lithium-conversion-kit

I then updated the charging software, using The Laird's modified firmware:

http://visforvoltage.org/forum/10169-modifying-vectrix-charger-programme

I now have a 5.7 kWh, 50AH bike that will go a good 40-50 miles on the freeway. I rode the 46 miles to my son's place, at about 55 MPH, and made it with a bit of energy to spare.

Antiscab (Matt) is a genius - he knows the bike inside and out - he was very helpful via email/telephone to work out some of the details/glitches - I highly recommend his kit and his expertise when you are ready to do the conversion.

Happy riding

toolboxjesse

Thanks oobflyer- I'll check it out. I watched the first half of Antiscab's video on youtube and as brilliant as he is, I would never let him touch any of my bikes (Did you see how many times the lift-chain rubbed against the bodywork!!!Yikes!!!) But i would gladly accept his advice :-).

Jesse in Atlanta

Jesse in Atlanta

toolboxjesse

Hopefully someone will eventually develop a (reasonably priced)one-box drop-in kit for the US market that doesn't require chopping up parts of the bike by the time I am ready to upgrade. That's something I would like to see.

Jesse in Atlanta

Jesse in Atlanta

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Simply Car-free How to Pedal Toward Financial Freedom and a Healthier Life
My House powers my car - bumper sticker
Internal Combustion: How Corporations and Governments Addicted the World to Oil and Derailed the Alternatives
Build Your Own Electric Vehicle You need this book if you want to build your own EV
Stick it to OPEC - button
The Crash Course: The Unsustainable Future Of Our Economy, Energy, And Environment

Who's new

• deegee
  • Lucy12345
  • Ecomoto
  • edubindie
  • rockwood165
Customize This