Baja BE500 Electric Scooter

34 replies [Last post]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
BE500Project
Re: Baja BE500 Electric Scooter

El Gordo wrote:

Hi,

I just picked up a BE500 as a first (cheap) foray into electrics. But i need some parts. You mentioned ordering the battery case recently, where did you get that from? i havent been able to come up with a thing.

The previous owner replaced the batteries but they are not in a pack they are just sitting loose in the cavity. Also i would like to know what kind of connector is used at the battery box since i will have to replace that as well.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Hi there

first off awesome choice on a scooter, hope you got a good deal, the batteries on that scooter need to be in cases, my cases were already in this scooter, i did repurchase new batteries but i used the old cases, if your looking for the cases you can find them here

http://www.partsyahoo.com/BATTERY-BOX-p/be500-207.htm

when you refer to the connectors you will need to explain that a bit so i can help

hope this is a start!

tokerjoker

about the baja be 500 as long as u have a charger u can test any ebike with the appropriate charger plugin and test. plus ive been looking for diagrams for the harness since my father got into an accident on my bike lol but ya lots of work transfering the harness over plus does anyone know if there bike does 60 km an hr as my bike did with only four batteries, anyway im looking for a diagram that i cannot find i have a converter in my bike where i dont know where my yellow wire is suppose to run to but also my bike still runs just dont want to take it on the streets yet in case something eles goes

Kratos1

I found a manual for the baja be 500 at this site
http://www.manualslib.com/products/Baja-Motorsports-Be500-3148821.html

If the link doesn't work just google the name or ( baja be 500 manual) as I did.

Also my bike does about 35mph / 60km on flat ground But then again, It's been re-wired to do so.
Hope that helps.

Littenin

Did you ever solve this issue? I have the same problem after removing the back wheel/motor to change the tire, as you have to cut the Green/Blue/Yellow wires to disconnect the wiring. I hooked them up as color coded, but I get the same second of vibration from the wheel, then nothing. I did not take a picture, were the colors switched between the controller and motor?
Thanks,
Larry

UPDATE on wiring... I played with combinations of colors between the motor and controller and found the winning combination: blue to blue, green to yellow, yellow to green.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2401070691062219"
data-ad-slot="2079401426"
data-ad-format="auto">

Who's new

• AllThingsElectric
  • albertom
  • Bohdan
  • Username
  • Dean b
Customize This