How to get admission

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
JS_Electric
How to get admission

Hello everyone. I am Jason from Corona. I have completed my schooling and now I want to take admission in electrical engineering. Please tell me the procedure of admission in electrical engineering. Is it necessary to take a training from a commercial electrician to prepare for interview?

Jack_son
Re: How to get admission

Jason,

What schooling did you complete? High School, Trade School, 2-year or 4-year College, EE Degree, other?

Many years ago, in an EE college progrram, we only had two choices, Electroics and AC Power. More recently, there have been other options available. [Electronics has crept into everything, from pencil sharpeners, factory robotics ...]

One of my sons has an EE/Power Option degree. He worked for a large company for a few years, before joining a large car manufacturer [all in the USA].

A couple of years into his car EE factory work, he studied and passed his PE [Professional Engineer] test, and received a salary increase. It did not qualify him to work as an Electrician, but it proved he understood a lot of their work.

He does some hands-on work, so it is not all desk or theoretical work. That company only has several EEs in North America, so he has been involved with electrical plans, construction, and problems in old and new factories, in Mexico, Canada, and several US plants.

If your job application is for an Electrician, then I am sure you would be hired faster, at a higher level, if you obtain Licensed Electrician status. Some companies may hire you as an Apprentice, giving you hands-on experience while studying for your License. If you go for this, be sure the company knows your intention to upgrade.

Once you reach the higher level, be sure to update your resume with your company, so it is in their records, and not just in one guy's ears. If obtaining license involves class instruction, spell it out. If all self-study, they need to know this, also. The latter may get a little attention.

EWheels EW475 eBike LiFePO4 36 V 10 AH Bat

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage