Bionx Console Reset

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
lblbny212
Bionx Console Reset

Hello,
I was trying to turn on the backlit on my console, i pressed chrono and A+; then tried to increase it by pressing it again, and something funky (awful!! ) has happened. Everything on the console is displayed.....ie, 8888888 in every area where a numbered option would be. for example, if i were on level 4, a 4 would show in that area....but instead, 8 is showing. the lock icon is on; the bike icon is on; the A and G icons are on. everything is on. and none of the buttons work. I can turn the system on but not off. after some time, it just goes off. and when i turn it back on, still the same. is there some way to reset this?

Thanks so much!
Lisa

kilowhat
Re: Bionx Console Reset

Pressing chrono and A+ is the code for contrast increase. Try pressing chrono and G- to decrease the contrast.
- kilowhat

kilowhat

alan in tempe

[delete: delayed posting led to duplicate message]

alan in tempe

The backlit display is toggled on and off by pressing and holding the power button. Takes a few seconds, and will not turn off the unit.

-- Alan

reneVE

Hi,
don't know much about console reset, but I have a question on how to program certain codes in the console. Perhaps there is someone who can help me?

My question is about the code 0008 – Configuration of extra assistance.

My wife rides a Trek500 and finds that te support is rather poor.I discovered the existance of the code 0008.
I tried it out on the G2-console and saw that Ass. Gain = 1.0.
I changed in into 3.9 and there is more support now.

But there is a second parameter: Ass. speed which is set to 14km/h actually.
I have no idea what the function of this parameter is.
Can someone explain me how this parameter works (I suppose in combination with the first one)
And is there any correlation with the code 0007?
Regards,
René

ReneVE

kilowhat

Your dealer should help you through.

kilowhat

cjr

The first parameter is how much extra assistance to provide when assistance is called for above a threshold speed. The second parameter is what that threshold speed is.

Code 7 controls the sensitivity for the torque sensor -- higher numbers, up to 4.0, make the motor more responsive to pedal effort.

Keep in mind that the total amount of assistance that's available doesn't change when you adjust these parameters, just how easy it is to get that assistance.

Also keep in mind that Bionx asserts that changing any of these parameters will void your warranty.
(I found adjusting them to be essential for me.)

Charlie

reneVE

Thx Charlie!!

ReneVE

reneVE

On the console one can see how much content is left in the battery. But I am wondering if there exists a code that can show me the content (or what is left) of my battery. (in Watt hours)
Does such a code exists?
Or is there some other way that I can use to control te content of my battery?

ReneVE

reneVE

Perhaps I should explain why I ask this question.

I was cycling with my BionX assisted bike and the indicator of the battery content on the console showed me that all power was gone.
Since I was, at that moment, about 40km from home I had little choice, so I continued pedaling and left the assistance level on +3.
Well, I managed to drive the 40km without any problem: the assistance kept on working just as if my battery was fully charged. Arrived at home, the battery was still functioning.
That is why I doubt about the correct functioning of the battery content indicator on the console and I was looking for another possibility to check the content.

Is anyone familiar with this problem? Is there a way to reset the console, so that it functions correctly again and shows me the real content (or what is left) from the battery?

ReneVE

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage