Subscriptions Not Working and VIFV is SO SLOOOWWWWWW!

6 replies [Last post]

I can not subscribe to anything. When I go My Account > Subscriptions > Categories and tick a forum item my browser (Safari on an iMac) goes into virtual meltdown for 90 seconds and then, when it has recovered and I click Save, nothing changes.

Would it not be easier and less resource hungry to just have the option to subscribe to a specific subject within a category by clicking on a 'Subscribe' button on that subject?

Generally the web site is painfully slow to act on clicks but once it starts it is fine. It's like the up loading is 20 times slower than normal but downloading is normal.

Regards, Martin Winlow
Herts UK
evalbum.com/2092

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MEroller's picture
Re: Subscriptions Not Working and VIFV is SO SLOOOWWWWWW!

Whatever happened recently to this forum software, the reaction times have improved dramatically, AND the edit function is back! Thanks David or whoever that was for fixing this :-)

My ride: E-Sprit Fury (basis is the ZAP/Erider Thunder 5000) since May 03, 2011. Mods: Battery temp. gauge and battery heating (off the grid and off the battery), Kelly KEB72801X, reverse activated, luggage rack with topcase, HC Cycle Analyst, Emsiso BMS2405, 35mm³ battery cables

reikiman's picture

Yes, I've been waiting to post something to verify the fix was working. But, yes, I finally found fixes for these two long-running issues.

- David Herron, Green Transportation Examiner, Green Transportation Info, The Long Tail Pipe, Torque News, electric race news, davidherron.com, 7gen.com, What is Reiki
- EVT 4000, Charger bike (rebuilt), Vego 600sx (rebuilt), Electrified Electra Townie
- Lectra motorcycle, 1971 Karmann Ghia

I have not been on since last Sept, but it is still slow in general. Loading a page takes so long that I load other websites and read them before this one is up.

Is it still as slow as back then ? Just curious as I would love to be able to research more but the slowness is just killing me

MEroller's picture

Well, from my side it is actually quite fast today, possibly due to my full DSL bandwidth being available at this time of the evening :-)

My ride: E-Sprit Fury (basis is the ZAP/Erider Thunder 5000) since May 03, 2011. Mods: Battery temp. gauge and battery heating (off the grid and off the battery), Kelly KEB72801X, reverse activated, luggage rack with topcase, HC Cycle Analyst, Emsiso BMS2405, 35mm³ battery cables

For me, the site now works better than it did at my original post - I think the 'WebMaster' tinkered with it about 6 months back. I have only about 2Mbps connection and it takes about 5 seconds or so before anything starts happening after clicking on a link. This is not the case with other sites. After that it loads pages with similar alacrity to other sites. Hope that helps. MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Herts UK
evalbum.com/2092

I should mention that posting a reply DOES take forever. I got to about 40 seconds waiting for my last reply to get uploaded (the progress bar gets so far and just stops) and gave up and got on with something else... Clearly something is still adrift. MW

Regards, Martin Winlow
Herts UK
evalbum.com/2092

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Short URL

Customize This