MIchelin Power Pure SC dual-compound tires ROCK

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oatnet
MIchelin Power Pure SC dual-compound tires ROCK

Wore my rear tire out after only 3600 miles - probably a casualty of the extra kw from my upgrade to a higher-voltage battery. I went with the dual-compound Michelin Power Pure SC, the difference is profound. The Power Pure is way more grippy than the Pirelli - even to my bare fingers - and it has a more rounded profile that gives a better range of motion. It will probably wear out even faster, but after feeling the way it changed my ride, I just don't care.

Pics and writeup here:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17071&start=75#p626063

-JD

PS - Still have my old Vectrix battery pack for sale, dirt cheap, pick up in Los Angeles.

Paco
Re: MIchelin Power Pure SC dual-compound tires ROCK

I am looking forward to trying those tires as soon as my Pirellis are worn out.
The reduced weight (1kg for the set) at a crucial place (rolling weight) and the quality of the compound should give better range.
We all should be waiting for the Metzeler Feelgreen, though:
http://uk.ridexperience.metzeler.com/2012/07/31/new-bmw-electric-scooter-equipped-with-metzeler-‘feelgreen’-tyre/
The Feelgreen are specially made to enhance range for the BMW, and should be available for replacement parts in 2014... It's a long wait.
Maybe Michelin will come up with something ?

israndy
israndy's picture

Those are some great pictures. I just had a blow out on my original Pirellis. Same lack of tread. I park the bike against the house backed into a bush and so never saw how bad it was until it blew. I was thinking of shopping for tires and appreciate your discovery, but punked out this time and am just getting more Pirellis today (finally).

-Randy

R
R's picture

I'm using city grip, and they perform better than the Pirellies. I have 15.000 km on the rear tyre and still looks good for another 5000. I'll buy michelin again.;-)

israndy
israndy's picture

WOW! I bought my bike after it was on demo for years and these new tires make it ride like I have never seen. New battery last year, new tires this year. What an upgrade. Wish I had known what it was supposed to be like. Wonder if I will notice when it fades in performance.

-Randy

Oatnet

Cool Randy, you went with the power pure sc's too? Amazing how much better the bike feels with them. I hope the dual-compound makes them last, but the ride is so nice I don't really care.

-JD

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage