MIchelin Power Pure SC dual-compound tires ROCK

5 replies [Last post]
Oatnet

Wore my rear tire out after only 3600 miles - probably a casualty of the extra kw from my upgrade to a higher-voltage battery. I went with the dual-compound Michelin Power Pure SC, the difference is profound. The Power Pure is way more grippy than the Pirelli - even to my bare fingers - and it has a more rounded profile that gives a better range of motion. It will probably wear out even faster, but after feeling the way it changed my ride, I just don't care.

Pics and writeup here:

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17071&start=75#p626063

-JD

PS - Still have my old Vectrix battery pack for sale, dirt cheap, pick up in Los Angeles.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Paco
Re: MIchelin Power Pure SC dual-compound tires ROCK

I am looking forward to trying those tires as soon as my Pirellis are worn out.
The reduced weight (1kg for the set) at a crucial place (rolling weight) and the quality of the compound should give better range.
We all should be waiting for the Metzeler Feelgreen, though:
http://uk.ridexperience.metzeler.com/2012/07/31/new-bmw-electric-scooter-equipped-with-metzeler-‘feelgreen’-tyre/
The Feelgreen are specially made to enhance range for the BMW, and should be available for replacement parts in 2014... It's a long wait.
Maybe Michelin will come up with something ?

israndy
israndy's picture

Those are some great pictures. I just had a blow out on my original Pirellis. Same lack of tread. I park the bike against the house backed into a bush and so never saw how bad it was until it blew. I was thinking of shopping for tires and appreciate your discovery, but punked out this time and am just getting more Pirellis today (finally).

-Randy

R
R's picture

I'm using city grip, and they perform better than the Pirellies. I have 15.000 km on the rear tyre and still looks good for another 5000. I'll buy michelin again.;-)

israndy
israndy's picture

WOW! I bought my bike after it was on demo for years and these new tires make it ride like I have never seen. New battery last year, new tires this year. What an upgrade. Wish I had known what it was supposed to be like. Wonder if I will notice when it fades in performance.

-Randy

Oatnet

Cool Randy, you went with the power pure sc's too? Amazing how much better the bike feels with them. I hope the dual-compound makes them last, but the ride is so nice I don't really care.

-JD

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Customize This