Hub motor rotation

1 reply [Last post]
EZgo
EZgo's picture

Hello every one. I'm new to this forum so please tell me if I'm asking this question in the wrong place.

When installing a GEARED front hub motor that has no markings or directions is there a specific that it should run? I just purchased a 250W DC Permanent Magnet Brushless Geared Motor. It's sold as a QQ- m100 or m100 or sometimes a Cute 100. It uses a small no name controller. The controller wire identification chart does mention reversing 2 of the Hall sensor wires if it runs the wrong way. I installed it with the wires coming out of the L/S of the hub. (from seat) This is my first geared motor so It's running in the direction I thought it should which is that it free wheels with zero resistance when spun forward & has a very minor gear drag when spun in reverse. Is this correct? It runs fine but I want to be sure I have not overlooked something since it does seem to have 1 possible problem. The possible problem is when using it full throttle for more than about 10 seconds it stays on (cruse control)untill you blip the throttle. The controller does have a connector that is for cruise control but I have not connected it. This bike will be for re-sale & I want to be sure everything is correct. This is not a mechanical (sticking) issue. Did I mention this came from China? They have only the most basic understanding of English & asking them did not shed light on anything.

Thanks

PS. I'll have an article on this installation on my web page ezgo-now.com

Matt

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
mopedbrainy
Re: Hub motor rotation

I bought one SUNWIN 60v 800w (ALIEXPRESS) with same feature .The push button is convenient 'cause throtle requires full twist and down to 0 to snap out of mode.Three times better and less expensive . Enjoy . The problem is that binging too many to chew it for you then the stuff becomes increasingly expensive .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Revenge of the Electric Car The electric car is not only back from the dead, it's inevitable
High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug In the Auto Industry A behind-the-scenes look at the robustly competitive race to dominate the market for electric cars.

Who's new

• alganka@yahoo.com
  • sabbir
  • Pete111
  • Happyuser
  • KarenTinker23
Customize This