Flash dash

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
jamesengland
Flash dash

I'm getting a slight flicker on the dashboard display....both dials. They stay lit but there's a flicker and then the desplay is slightly less clear. Then a flciker and it's more defined again. I think, but I'm not 100% sure, that it's related to bumps in the road. Even then, it's intermittent.

Is there are main connector block for the entire display somewhere? I'm wondering maybe it's loose or dirty. If so, can it safely be unplugged and cleaned without having to programme anything or doing some sort of harm?

dvdaudio
dvdaudio's picture
Re: Flash dash

Since you talk about "bumps in the road" I assume you are NOT having this "flickering" when standing still. The "V" has a photo sensor, and when riding under streetlights, the flickering will occur as one passes the overhead streetlights. Freaked me out when I first got my V back in 2008.

Glen.

jamesengland

Since you talk about "bumps in the road" I assume you are NOT having this "flickering" when standing still. The "V" has a photo sensor, and when riding under streetlights, the flickering will occur as one passes the overhead streetlights. Freaked me out when I first got my V back in 2008.

Glen.

Blimey! I never thought of that! I've just removed the front screen, top of the console (big black top under the screen) and got to the connector block for the dash lights. I disconnected it and cleaned both sides with De-Oxit spray. Then I read your response to my post.

But, yes, you're right.....I bet it's when I was going under street lamps. I went out into the countryside a bit (brave, I know) and then came back down to the town... That's when the flickering started actually.
I think you're right... I bet it's that.....

Thanks!

ofx210p

freaked me out when i first noticed it too - back light dims as you go under lighting.

I have a spare 'dead' dash if anyone wants/needs - just pay postage.

Its dead from a bad flashing of code.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage