Miraculous Battery Rebuild

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Don S Schaeffer
Don S Schaeffer's picture
Miraculous Battery Rebuild

I recently posted about my BionX battery being bricked. We began to take it apart which is no easy task. Suddenly we began to hearing alarm calls coming from the battery, the same kind of calls you get from a discharged cell phone. I plugged the charger in this morning and it is now charging. I think our efforts to open the case must have released a short. Let's see what happens now before I reseal the case. We did minimal damage to the shell.

PJD
PJD's picture
Re: Miraculous Battery Rebuild

PJD
PJD's picture

It seems that there was probably a loose power or cell connection to the battery-management board. You probably should try to find it since this sounds like a problem that will recur. but for now, all's well that ends well I guess.

I assume you won't be riding it until the weather improves...

Don S Schaeffer
Don S Schaeffer's picture

New problems arose. Suddenly the battery only seems to have less than half its range. I ride into town (about a mile) and the indicator shows full charge. On the way home I get a one-bar (one-quarter) drop in charge (which is normal). Then about 3/4 the way into my return home the indicator goes to zero charge. The bike does remain powered enough to get me home but the indicator shows zero. When I recharge the battery, the charger indicates starting from a partial charge (this is normal). What is going on here? Anybody have a guess?

Trek Ride Plus Power assisted bike

Briggs31

Nice information shared.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation