Expected voltage at end of charge

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
hempev
Expected voltage at end of charge

I've only had my 2007 Vectrix for a few weeks and I am happy with its around-town range (+/- 30mi/50km depending on average speed), but after a couple full charges (i.e. until the charger stops of its own accord), the voltage stops at 142-143V. I thought it was suppose to hit 152V. Does this indicate anything such as dying cells(s)? The pack temp does not rise even at the end of charge, the weather has been warm but not hot, and the scooter runs as I expect it to. I have a CANbus from the previous owner (I haven't used it and I don't have scooterdiag), The Laird programming and a Runke charger, but since I know there will be no domestic Vectrix support, I'm asking anyone who will answer for leads beyond what I have found in the FAQs here and elsewhere. I am not a great mechanic, but I could open the battery case if I really have to...but I don't want to if unneeded. Thanks for any help ahead of time!

R
R's picture
Re: Expected voltage at end of charge

voltage stops at 142-143V.

I think that this voltage is correct. Early the laird programs charged to 143v. Newer programs charge to higher voltage (up to 147v)
I suggest you install scooterdiag on a laptop. Connect it with you vectrix, and report on an email the firmwares you have installed in the Vectrix. Be careful, don't do any kind of tests with the scooterdiag. Send this email to "the laird". he will tell you if you should install a newer version of the program.

ps:
Be careful, don't do any kind of tests with the scooterdiag.
never plug the Vectrix and the laptop at the same time, or you'll fry the laptop.
If you have trouble with scooterdiag, send me an email.

hempev

Where can I find the scooterdiag program? I don't have it.

R
R's picture

Just send me an email.

Kocho

I too just bought an '07 Vectrix and am about to install the Laird's firmware. Still have the '11 or thereabouts firmware installed on it. Mine charges to about 144-146 at the beginning of the CC phase, which is usually when I stop it, because I want to avoid overcharging. A few minutes after the charge, the voltage is already down to 138V or so. You may have a better battery than I do, because I can only do about 25 miles with easy driving (35-40mph and not too spirited acceleration) until the voltage is down to about 121V.

On a separate note, wouldn't you have the ESD charger, not the Runke one? Unless yours was upgraded somehow, the '07 did not come with Runke.

hempev

Seller specified Runke, not the original. My future plans are to make mine lithium, so I need to know if the charger can be adjusted to a finish charge of 168 - I have read this is still below the headroom of the controller, but I don't know how easily the charger can be adjusted. The cells I am looking at can be charged at C/2 right up to full charge.

On a different note, and only out of curiosity, can the take-off current be adjusted upwards? Not that I want to burn rubber, but it could allow peak current useage a little sooner. And is there any way to put left dial to better use, such as putting a current reading where the "Go" sits and a running voltage reading instead of "Ready"? Just things that seemed more useful that a couple static words for the layman.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage