Easiest way to check battery voltage?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
gln103
Easiest way to check battery voltage?

I think my Vectrix battery self discharged too far over the winter and now won't charge. Anyone know the easiest way to check battery voltage without tearing the bike completely down to the battery?

Thanks,

Gary

elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture
Re: Easiest way to check battery voltage?

I think you will have to remove the battery cover to access the battery for measurements and if it has discharged you will need it open to charge them as well.

israndy
israndy's picture
Re: Easiest way to check battery voltage?

I know people say there is no benefit to putting solar on a car as the trickle from solar is going to get you from one end of the parking lot to the other so why bother. But it would be GREAT if some designer out there is looking at this now orphaned technology and come up with a way to add a few flexible solar panels that would actually help the battery. The bike is often out in the sun all winter, that means hours and hours and days of sunlight. Seems ridiculous that EVERY spring we are greeted with "My bike died over the winter" stories. The one on my RV works great, but it is only charging 12v packs. Need one that does 150v packs. Hmmm... is the DC-DC converter two way? I could hook a 12v panel to the cigar lighter in the glove box.

-Randy

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage