Addendum to the Vectrix owners manual for "The Laird" Firmware

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
kingcharles
kingcharles's picture
Addendum to the Vectrix owners manual for "The Laird" Firmware

Hi all,

Because I will be parting from my Vectrix soon I decided to write an addendum to the official Vectrix Owners manual for the new owner.
The reason for this is because I want the new owner to get as much use out of the bike as possible!

But in order to improve the content of the addendum I have attached my current version to this post and hope to get feedback of course!
Thanks

Archi13
Archi13's picture
Re: Addendum to the Vectrix owners manual for "The Laird" ...

I just read the beginning of your addendum to the manual and I do not think we should advise disconnecting the battery to make a reset, which is very dangerous given the present continuous voltage. You can destroy your MC board when you reconnect your battery without correct procedure. It is better to unplug the rectangular central plug on the charger to reset the Vx1 without risk.
Greetings.

mpregal
mpregal's picture

Great job!

Kocho

Thanks for putting this together and sharing!

The Laird told me to not ride the bike at under 120V in motion (ease-up on the throttle if it happens). I mist confess I do "rev it up" occasionally to closer to 110 for very short periods (a second or two). I think the new motor controller software with the 68mph limit would be gentler in this regards, as it draws less current (the bike will be less lively). But I like the quicker acceleration of the "old" firmware for around town riding and I must rely on my sense of restraint to not use it unless I need it for evasive action... I think it is safer in most situations to have more torque at hand, which the old firmware does. Yet I want the 68mph limit for when I am on the highway where now I am relegated to the right lane, being one of the slower vehicles and the other lanes are usually doing 65-70mph...

I also wish the EC mode would be longer and perhaps at a little lower amperage than the 1 hour at 1.5A I seem to get with the Laird's software. Better than the original though, which at 3Amps would cause much more heating...

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

I just read the beginning of your addendum to the manual and I do not think we should advise disconnecting the battery to make a reset, which is very dangerous given the present continuous voltage. You can destroy your MC board when you reconnect your battery without correct procedure. It is better to unplug the rectangular central plug on the charger to reset the Vx1 without risk.
Greetings.

Thanks for the feedback!
I have updated that text to refer to this forum for instructions. I think that this may be the best solution rather than trouble shooting it in the software addendum.
Now I will try to figure out how to replace the file on this forum...

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

kingcharles
kingcharles's picture

OK, I could find no way to change attachements. (if somebody knows please inform me)

So please visit the link below for version 0.2 of the Addendum:

https://app.box.com/Vectrix-Addendum-v02

Once you go EV, Gas is history!

hempev

This was useful, but where can I get the hex files listed here? Not only would I like to get updated versions for NiMH, but I also plan on installing a pack of 18 Nissan LEAF cells and would like to get files for that eventuality.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage