Will Govecs make Vectrix bikes?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
elevatorguy
elevatorguy's picture
Will Govecs make Vectrix bikes?

https://polvadis.wordpress.com/2015/07/13/govecs-takes-over-vectrix-plant/

While I doubt they will make Vectrix branded bikes, they may use the plant to make a similar scooter.
Time will tell, I suppose.

israndy
israndy's picture
Re: Will Govecs make Vectrix bikes?

So that is why they Vectrix Parts guys are not responding? The factory is being retooled for a different product?

-Randy

Heavendenied

Randy, i dont think that this has something to Do with the vectrix parts guys. They bought the parts from vectrix USA. I allways wanted to know what happend to all the parts from vectrix Poland. Looks live they just closed the factory with everything in it...

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

I ordered some parts from vectrixparts.com over two months ago and they were taking much longer to arrive than they should have. So I emailed them to find out what was happening, I received a reply the next day (19th May) from Piotr Stec from Vectrixparts.com saying, "I’m sorry for delay – we have finally purchased Vectrix factory – last two weeks were full of meeting, lawyers etc." and I assumed he meant the one in Poland.

Either he and/or Vectricparts.com is involved with GOVECS or the Vectrix factory has actually changed hands again, but I suppose we will find out in due course.

Alan

Drew
Drew's picture

Just found this...
Original link is in Portuguese but translation follows -

http://mobilidadeeletricananet.blogspot.pt/2015/07/govecs-adquire-fabrica-da-vectrix-na.html?m=1

The Govecs, German manufacturer of e-scooters, announced the acquisition of Vectrix the assembly line in Poland. Located in Wroclaw, the unity of the American manufacturer should produce a 'smart e-scooter' for Daimler AG, but the project came to an abrupt end with the failure of the Vectrix and said vehicle never passed the prototype stage. Now Govecs want 'resurrect' the production and transfer machinery factory Vectrix for its facilities that are in the same Polish city of Wroclaw. This acquisition will allow Govecs to quadruple production to 20,000 units per year and expand its activities in Europe and the United States. By Carlos Moura

Best wishes,

Drew

Drew

oobflyer
oobflyer's picture

Cross your fingers! I hope they resurrect Vectrix!

prensel

I also found this yesterday on a German forum.
Just found out the news already had arrived here :-)

www.auto-medienportal.net]

Govecs uebernimmt das Werk des insolventen US-Herstellers Vectrix im polnischen Breslau

Das Münchener Unternehmen, das seine Fahrzeuge bereits in Polen produziert, hat den kompletten Maschinenpark von Vectrix erworben und wird diesen in die eigene 4000 Quadratmeter große Produktionsstätte in Breslau integrieren.
... auch das zunächst gescheiterte Fremdprojekt einer E-Schwalbe soll zur Serienrreife weiterentwickelt werden ...

Ursprünglich wollte Daimler in Zusammenarbeit mit Vectrix in dem Werk den Smart E-Scooter bauen ...

===================================
My contribution to EV in The Netherlands
- Novox C20
- Vectrix VX-1 Li+ my2009 #2791
- Vectrix VX-1 Li my2011 #3228
- CityEl Fact4 / Mini El Cabrio
- Th!nk PIV4 A266
- Th!nk City A306
- Tesla Model3 AWD

BLUESTREAK

HI PRENSEL can you put this in english for us guys that only speak one language. THANKS COOPER.

LeftieBiker

I used a free translation site, and cleaned it a little:

Govecs takes over the work of insolvent US manufacturer Vectrix in Polish Wroclaw

The Munich enterprise which already produces its vehicles in Poland has acquired the complete machine park of Vectrix and will integrate this into its own 4,000 square meter production plant in Wroclaw.
... also the at first failed foreign project of an E swallow should be developed to the Serienrreife...

Originally Daimler wanted to collaborate with Vectrix in this

MEroller
MEroller's picture

It is all basically the same press report, regurgitated in many different languages... All it says is that Govex purchased the production equipment of Vectrix Poland and will move it to their own premises nearby. There was no talk WHATSOEVER that they would resuscitate (or rather resurrect from the several times over dead) the Vectrix brand.
Rather they are talking of giving the east-German electric Schwalbe a new lease on life after the original project was stalled due to a lack of development progress and funding. As it is also of the motor + drive-belt variety it is a rather good fit for Govex.

My rides:
2017 Zero S ZF6.5 11kW, erider Thunder 5kW

Drew
Drew's picture

Found this on the Govecs website ...

I think it may mean the end of VX1 as when the plant is moved it looks like the expansion of operations will be geared towards existing Govecs products rather than resurrecting Vectrix' old products. Time will tell.

Drew

Press Release
Next Step of the International Expansion Strategy
GOVECS Takes Over Vectrix Plant
Munich, July 13, 2015. The assembly line of the US maxiscooter manufacturer Vectrix in
Wroclaw, Poland, was set to produce the “smart e-scooter” by Daimler AG. This endeavor
came to an abrupt end when Vectrix had to file for bankruptcy and subsequently the smart
e-scooter never left the prototype phase. Now GOVECS is resurrecting the cutting-edge
production plant. As part of an asset deal the company is taking over the complete
machinery as well as the inventory of Vectrix and will be integrating them into their own
4,000 m² high-tech facilities in Breslau. The deal is both a strategic success as well as a
necessary next step for GOVECS which is experiencing flourishing consumer business and
B2B expansion in both Europe and the USA. The acquisition quadruples GOVECS
production volume to more than 20,000 vehicles per year.
“GOVECS GmbH experiences massive growth in all business segments. When there is
demand for an OEM partner to develop and produce exceptional and innovative electric
vehicles we are first choice. Our sharing and renting business is growing as well. We are
currently delivering e-scooters to the world’s largest free-floating provider, US-based Scoot
Networks, within the framework of a major contract”, says Thomas Grübel, CEO of GOVECS
GmbH. This development is extremely encouraging, however, it also involves high demands
with respect to production and quality assurance. By combining our production facilities
with the machine park of Vectrix we will achieve the maximum of production possibilities.
This is a major step in our international expansion strategy”.
Once the machine park is fully integrated, the production volume of GOVECS will quadruple
to more than 20,000 vehicles per year. This is an important requirement for being able to
process a growing number of OEM projects in the future parallel to the production of the
company’s own electric scooters for the delivery, sharing and consumer segments.
Thomas Grübel is convinced: “We are only at the beginning of a rapidly increasing demand
for innovative e-mobility concepts. With the strategic acquisition of Vectrix and the
production possibilities arising from we are ideally prepared for this development and thus
in a position to respond to the market demand for high-quality vehicles `Made in Europe`
even more quickly in the future.“

Drew

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage