e-max scooter won't stop!

3 replies [Last post]
ponytrekker

I have an e-max scooter (30 mile range, max speed 30mph). I'm not sure if that qualifies as a large or small scooter? Anyway - when I switch it on it tries to zoom off at max speed. I assume the potentiometer throttle (?) has been mis-wired. Any tips from members? I am quite comfortable reading circuit diagrams for old valve hi-fi but I could do with help on this.

Roger

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
MEroller
MEroller's picture
Re: e-max scooter won't stop!

There must be several things wrong with that scooter: "brushless" controllers always have a safeguard that shuts off the motor current if the throttle signal is above a certain threshold during startup. So both your throttle as well as the controller seem to have some major trouble...

My rides:
QvR vR one: a Swiss package of pure understatement - innocent and to some eyes (from some angles) exceedingly ugly looks, but with raw and hardly containable electron power up to real 95 to 100km/h! And a literally rock-hard suspension due to a carrying capacity of twice it's unladen weight... Now converted to more controllable and efficient brushless motor and vector-contoller.

E-Sprit Fury (basis is the Erider Thunder 5000) since May 03, 2011. Highly moded - but now in active retirement

PJD

What year is it?

ponytrekker

I am afraid I don't know - it is unregistered and I have no paperwork with it.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

style="display:block"
data-ad-client="ca-pub-2401070691062219"
data-ad-slot="2079401426"
data-ad-format="auto">

Who's new

• Loker
  • supertwike
  • Martin_EV4
  • acsatue
  • 186kmps

Customize This