No READY sign.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hall9000
No READY sign.

This evening my vectrix fell to the ground.It was no very hard , but when i'd try to make the "brake password" I realized that there was no READY sign.

¿Any clues on the matter?¿I broke the throttle?...

Hall9000
Re: No READY sign.

If a put the vectrix to charge , it charges.If i press the killswitch , and left and right brake , i can then pull the throttle and it moves...

So it's not the throttle , maybe it's the fu++ckin ICM...

¿Nobody?

Jim Lowder

Check the kickstand

Hall9000

Ok , i'll check tomorrow.Looking at the user's manual , the error is in the troubleshooting zone.It says that the throttle "is not set". , "Call your dealer".Maybe the throttle hit the ground and the magnet has moved so much that the driving is impossible.I was thinking that if the side stand has any problem it will show me a yellow icon on hthe dash , maybe i'm mistaken , but i think that the kickstand is ok.

I checked the calibration , and there's a thing i don't understand.If i put the killswich in off mode , and then i apply left brake it shows me 43kmh.But if I apply both brakes , and i wait and pull the throttle , the needle moves and stays at arou 72~76kmh , and then if i move the throttle i can mve the needle freely.

¿Any clue?It's possible that when i apply left brake it shows me the position where the needle must be , and when i apply both brakes it shows me the true position of the hall/magnet of the throttle?

Thank you.

Jim Lowder

Send me your email address and i will send you the service manual

antiscab

Check the microswitches on your brakes. If one of those don't work, you won't get the ready.

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Hall9000

Yesterday i was thinking in the same , but ¿don't you think the braking lights would be affected?

How i access those microsw?

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

I checked the calibration , and there's a thing i don't understand.If i put the killswich in off mode , and then i apply left brake it shows me 43kmh.But if I apply both brakes , and i wait and pull the throttle , the needle moves and stays at around 72~76kmh , and then if i move the throttle i can move the needle freely.

¿Any clue?It's possible that when i apply left brake it shows me the position where the needle must be , and when i apply both brakes it shows me the true position of the hall/magnet of the throttle?

On mine, holding just the left brake lever with the kill switch off shows the actual throttle position and pulling the right lever as well shows the required position (43kmh).

Unscrew the throttle end weight and use a flat bladed screwdriver to carefully adjust the throttle setting until the two readings are the same.

I temporarily held my left brake lever in slightly with a piece of string so I could use both hands to carefully adjust the throttle setting to 43kmh.
After adjusting, apply full throttle (and full reverse) and make sure it returns close to the 43kmh position each time, I found that I had to tweak it very slightly to achieve this.

I think there is a also small allen headed grub screw which locks the adjuster in position, but I only used a screwdriver to adjust mine as is was not too tight to adjust, or too loose to move on its own.

It is definitely the throttle that needs resetting, I just turned mine on with the throttle held slightly twisted, and my READY indicator did not come on or flash as it normally should.

Check the microswitches on your brakes. If one of those don't work, you won't get the ready.

Matt, the READY light will not come on when you turn the ignition on when both brake levers are held in, so if you turn the key with both brake levers released, the READY indicator should still come on even if one of the switches was not open circuit due to wear between the pin on the switch and the lever or a damaged switch/lever.

If there was a closed circuit switch fault on either of the brake levers, the rear brake light would be on continually.
An open circuit switch fault or broken wire/poor connection etc. would only prevent the GO light from being activated.

If the brake light comes on and goes off correctly when either brake lever is pulled and released, the READY and GO indicators should work correctly when the throttle has been reset correctly.

//www.arhservices.co.uk/GoldenMotor/emoticons/fingerscrossed.GIF)

Alan

EDIT: Picture link repaired

Hall9000

It's the throttle , because the throttle hit the ground , and in the troubleshooting are of the owners manual , this error is due to "throttle is not se".

Bikemad
Bikemad's picture

It is definitely the throttle that needs resetting, I just turned mine on with the throttle held slightly twisted, and my READY indicator did not come on or flash as it normally should.

Unscrew the throttle end weight and use a flat bladed screwdriver to carefully adjust the throttle setting until the two readings are the same.

I'm guessing you didn't see my previous post because you were busy writing your post as the same time that I was posting mine.

Read my previous post for full details.

Alan

Hall9000

Problem solved!!! , it's alive again!The problem was the calibrarion of the throttle.I opened it , insert the allen on the screw , and then realign the needle to 43kmh.The thing is that if you are not carefull , when you close the screew again with the allen , you can loose the calibration.

I don't now if the allen screew is again well fixed in his place , but if it's now i can notice easly , i will check the calibration more often.

This kind of design is for safety purposes , cause if you can do the ignition process with for example the calibration at 90kmh , i supose that the vectrix will accelerate till your hit something or somebody.

So thank you in advance for your advice and help , and if everybody has the same problem again , now you know how to solve it.

R
R's picture

I'm glad you weren't injured, Alberto.
Happy riding.

antiscab

Matt, the READY light will not come on when you turn the ignition on when both brake levers are held in, so if you turn the key with both brake levers released, the READY indicator should still come on even if one of the switches was not open circuit due to wear between the pin on the switch and the lever or a damaged switch/lever.

If there was a closed circuit switch fault on either of the brake levers, the rear brake light would be on continually.
An open circuit switch fault or broken wire/poor connection etc. would only prevent the GO light from being activated.

If the brake light comes on and goes off correctly when either brake lever is pulled and released, the READY and GO indicators should work correctly when the throttle has been reset correctly.

Good to know, thanks Alan :D

Daily Ride:
2007 Vectrix, modified with 42 x Thundersky 60Ah in July 2010. Done 194'000km

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage