IGBT dash message

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
hybride
IGBT dash message

Hi all,
We have a VX-1 here that burns 1 phase of the IGBT. It destroyed 2 MC boards allready. We actually thought it was a bad contact in the phase plug lead connector at the MC that resulted in heat. Now with the third and newer MC board A IGBT message comes up in the dash. When accelerating 1 phase connector on the IGBT gets hot. Now we think it's possibly a problem in the motor itself. Short-circuited windings? Anyone experience with this?

poirot89
Re: IGBT dash message

maybe the problem come from the Lug Cable Connector Terminal of this phase (between cable and lug)

hybride

Good point. This is checked in the past and not the cause.

R
R's picture

I assume you did check pahse rotation and calibration after MC replacement. Is it possible to measure internal resistance of the 3 phases, to check if the motor has anomalies?

hybride

Phase rotation and calibration done and normal operation. With lifted backwheel a few seconds full throttle is enough to get the IGBT dash message. Touching the concerning phase afterwards you can already feel it is little hot. The owner measured the resistance of the phases earlier and found it equal. He will replace the swingarm now.

heathyoung

Yeah that sounds like motor or encoder issues - if the resistance between the windings is the same (IIRC these are delta wound) I would be looking closely at the encoder.

Are you getting HS hot as well?

R
R's picture

First case ever of a parker engine damaged!

hybride

@heathyoung. HS is not hot, but we did not drive. A dash message should warn when HS gets hot and as far as i know there was no such message in the past. With the second MC controller the owner told that there was a burning smell when driving. It seems that the IGBT gets overheat internal fast, before it can transfer enough heat to the HS. I didn't think of a encoder issue. Can you analyse a reason why a encoder fault can cause high current on 1 phase?

@R Maybe! The owner told me this is one of the first series VX-1's. It was used as demo model of a dealer. Maybe a quality issue?

It's all guessing now, but interesting i think.

heathyoung

Another interesting thought experiment would be to check the resistance, and more importantly - inductance of the windings.

I've had a problem with the encoder where the timing was out, causing the motor to draw significantly more current than it should on one phase.

Let me know if you are chucking the dead boards, I need a board with a dead IGBT for a project (replacing the PM300CLA with a PM450CLA).

Zevpilot

Hi there

Anyone here familiar with HS Hot error after riding about 20kms.

Up until that point all is well. Then high temperature light on dash and HS Hot error. There is a significant loss of power but when you pull the throttle to accelerate at a certain point the bike leaps forward, like the throttle is not calibrated but only happens when warmed up.

Anyone got some ideas or seen this problem?

Thanks
VX1 2007 with 75,000kms last 10,000kms after conversion to Leaf battery cells.

Thanks

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage