Parting out or selling a Current C124

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Derby
Derby's picture
Parting out or selling a Current C124

Parting out or selling a Current C124 with 1529 miles on it.

A year and a half ago the bike quit on me five miles from home. I believe it was one of the cut out switches: side kick stand, brake handles or charger cover.

I had just moved into a repo house that needed a LOT of work. So I put the C124 in the garage until I had time to work on it. I followed the storing procedure. Some months ago I found a little time and went to work on it. The diagnostic LED had fallen back out of its normal position and was not visible. My first task was to correct that. I worked on it, got it into position and partially reassembled the instrument cluster. Then my time was required back on the house.

When I got back to it a few weeks ago I had some problems getting the key to turn. After I removed the ignition and putting it back, it somehow worked again. I pretty much got it all back together. Not quite completely as I misplaced some screws and clips and I did not reinstall the cowl. I followed the “take out of storage” procedures but it was dead. I attempted an overnight charge with no change.

With my advancing age (my avatar is not real current) and the bike being as heavy as it is, I have no desire to ride it again. My knowledge level is such (low) that I am not likely to be able to get it running again. Having said that, I believe someone with more knowledge and ambition might succeed.

I would like to part it out but would sell it complete for $100.

I am located near Fowler, Indiana, (northwest of Lafayette) and would deliver it (if the buyer requested it) for a fee of 50 cents per mile. If I deliver or ship it I would require payment in advance.

For parts, we would have to agree on a price and I would add the shipping costs.

The bike is in good shape except for minor scratches on the lower body (right side), in need of a good cleaning, and the places where I did not quite get it all back together.

LCJUTILA
Re: Parting out or selling a Current C124

I had one of the brake handle adjustment screws back out a little and it caused the bike to cut out and eventually cease working.
You can check if this is the issue by seeing if the brake handle has a lot of travel prior to the brake engaging.
Pushing the handle away from the handlebar instead of pulling it toward the handlebar caused the switch to engage on my bike but it would not stay engaged due to the looseness in the adjustment.
The adjustment screws are located at the brake master cylinder end of the handle and the base of the screw is what contacts the master cylinder piston.
The lock nut had loosened on mine causing the adjustment screw to back out.
Good Luck!

LCJUTILA

PJD
PJD's picture

Unfortunately, I don't have the room in the garage to add another scooter. Do you have the updated charger (fanless TC charger) on your scooter? Did the scooter charge successfully? I might be interested in miscellaneous parts but not the whole bike. Was the scooter kept in a garage? Are the headlight lenses still non-yellowed? Windshield in good condition?

The parts could be boxed and shipped. I'll need a few days to consider it.

Derby
Derby's picture

LCJUTILA,

Thanks for replying.

I am aware of the brake levers being possible source of the no power problem. However, at present I cannot get the batteries to accept a charge. Bad batteries? Bad charger? Without solving this problem I have no way to test the various options for fixing the cutout problem

Derby

Derby
Derby's picture

PJD,

Too bad you don’t have the room for the scooter in your garage. I suspect you could get more than enough value from mine to justify the cost. Of course the expense of getting it to you would also have to be considered — and that would be considerable.

I am not sure if the charger was updated but I think it was. The bike was taken to Michigan for an update which I think included the charger. How can I tell if it was upgraded? I am not willing to disassemble the bike without a fairly certain sale of the parts in question.

Yes, it has been housed since it was new. At first it was kept in a shed. The shed was pretty weather tight. Then, since I moved, it has been in either a garage or a barn. The barn was open on one side but the bike was kept toward the back and was covered. It is now in a garage. I have been working on the barn. Part if the barn is now enclosed and if I move the bike there again, it will be in the enclosed section.

The headlight lenses are not yellowed.

The windshield has no flaws.

I can send you pictures if you wish.

Derby

PJD
PJD's picture

Derby,

The updated charger fanless - it only emits a faint "tzzzzzzz" sound.

something might have drained the pack completely flat - like leaving the charger door open or keyswitch on, or the charger door switch (which is normally closed unless the closed door actuates it). It is a bad idea - I replaced mine with a relay powered by the AC mains so that the bike systems are off except when plugged in. You could check the voltage - but current provided no easy way to do that without taking some stuff apart. do you still have that glued-down floor to your underseat compartment?

It is a long drive out there and back if I did get the scooter. I may need a couple months to consider it.

Paul

Derby
Derby's picture

Paul,

I can’t hear the sound of the charger due to nothing running.

I put the bike in storage mode for the whole time since it quit on me. I am pretty sure the charger door was closed and the key was removed from the bike (although I doubt that would matter in storage mode).

The floor under the seat is still intact.

Derby

Derby
Derby's picture

THIS CURRENT C124 SCOOTER HAS BEEN SOLD.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage