Strange BMS readings

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture
Strange BMS readings

Hi everybody, (I must share this with you, then it's off my chest)

I have a converted VX-1 with a new batterypack Samsung 29E 18650 36S36P, a runke charger and a new BMS.

5 months ago I bought a new BMS at Vectrixparts Poland. All seems fine till now.
During the last trip, three weeks ago, I suddenly got a red battery indicator. Strange, because the batteries were only half empty.
When i docked with the diagnostic tool everything seems ok, all batteries nicely 3.62 volts.
When i charged the batteries, there was 1 cell-reading that wasn't correct and ....fast rising.
In 2 minutes it reached 4.00 volt. "???", "That can't be right?".
Ofcourse the charger then decreased ampheres because the danger of damaging the cells.

First,I measured all batteries by hand, no problems there.
Second,I thought it could be a broken wire. I managed to analyse which cell and which wire it could be.
Because there are 36 wires and a difficult access, I decided to replace the relevant wire.
All with the same result.
Third, I decided to charge without a coupled BMS. All cell reached without problems +/-3.98 Volts.
Resume: batteries ok, charging ok, wires ok, BMS.....seems suspicious.....

Then I decided to contact the guys in Poland. After two weeks waiting there was no response.
4 days ago i sent another email. Nothing ......Zip.

What is the matter with those guys? Are they still in business? anyone......

ideas?....

R
R's picture
Re: Strange BMS readings

If you swap bms wire ports, the phanton 4.00V cell is the same, or it is keept on the same BMS?

Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture

If you swap bms wire ports, the phanton 4.00V cell is the same, or it is keept on the same BMS?

Good thinking!!

As soon as I disassembled the Vectrix(again), i will do that.

Thx.

Heavendenied

I can't really say something about your problem with the bms reading, but nearly 2 years ago i had problems with my MC and ordered a new one from vectrixparts. Sometimes i got answers to my mails in a few hours, sometimes i waited dayes or even weeks... I think there are only Piotr and Matteo who can help with special problems, all the other guys who may work for them are only doing the "mechanical" work. Maybe one of them is ill or on holidays...
Just don't give up. Contact them again and I'm sure they will help if they can.

Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture

Piotr of Vectrixparts finally contacted me. He also suggested that it was probably a connection problem.
I disassembled the Vectrix, disconnected the BMS and by hand i meassured the cell voltage while charging . Up went the voltage. Then i decided to take a magnefying glass to examine the connection between the cell and the BMS wiring.
And there it was. A little piece of price-sticking paper on one of the metal bars(damn).

After carefully removing the paper, all went well and charging is
underway.

Thx all.

R
R's picture

ghost bustered!

Meridiaan
Meridiaan's picture

ghost bustered!

This ghost has left some damage. Because of the bad connection some bolts were seriously fried!!

vctr250.jpg

Thank goodness I found it on time. There a plenty of examples where it went wrong.

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage