where can i find a replacement throttle for my r-20?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
nic
where can i find a replacement throttle for my r-20?

i got an r-20 a few months back when it was too cold to immediately pull it out, (i actually got a z-20 as well, but its doing great, not gone far yet, but one good longer ride and several short ones, its still doing great, quick too) but my r-20 wanted to take off on its own as soon as i squeezed and released the brake. and i couldnt get it to go much faster...since my throttle felt weird anyway, i started messing with it...there are three wires going into the handgrip twist part of the throttle and when i touch across two of them, it turns off and stays off until i touch across two others (idle?), then when i touch across a different two it is off until i break connection, then it goes, and when i touch across the last two wires it revs up high. it still has some sort of black square on its tip (what used to be against the twist on the inside) this is what i know. after scouring the previous forums, it seems i am a lucky one that has two decent scooters (knock on wood) but i just need a new throttle handgrip, is it something i would be able to replace with just any 0-5v rated twist grip?

all input welcome

NovaScootersDotCom
Re: where can i find a replacement throttle for my r-20?

We have extra new throttles in stock for the Z and R and will send you one if you send us your old one first, email us for info.

chas_stevenson
chas_stevenson's picture

NovaScooterDotCom,

Could you leave an email address so people can respond if they wish. I know you are protecting your address from bots but you could leave it something like;

username<at>mysite<dot>com

Use the following Code to make your address appear as above.
username<at>mysite<dot>com

Thanks,
Chas S.

gowens
gowens's picture

You know the scooter is under warranty - right ?

Try calling EVT America and talking to Andy.
Or shoot him an email.

They will provide replacement parts.
It may take a while, but it will happen.

nic

i was hoping it was the sort of thing i could just easily replace with something that works (hopefully in like 5 minutes)...without waiting indefinitely for something that isnt any better than a generic replacement...but yeah...i called, i emailed...not much help there...just waiting to hear anything...like i said, i am looking for a way to try and ride it sooner.

DWrath

I've had the same problem with my R-20. Supposedly, they now have a stockpile of replacement parts that they've ordered from China and the wait for a replacement part should not be too long. I should hopefully be receiving my replacement throttle in a week or so.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage