How 2006 & earlier Schwinn (Currie) seat posts attached to scooter?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
chris falk
How 2006 & earlier Schwinn (Currie) seat posts attached to scooter?

I have a 2007 Scwhinn Stealth 1000 scooter with the nonadjustable seat post. The post is a 2" outer diameter steel tube at the point where it fits in a sleeve down below the deck and then it tapers down to the point where the standard bike seat clamps onto the very top of it. I need some extra seat height. I believe that earlier model year scooters by Currie Technologies (at least the Schwinns if not the Izips, Mongoose, etc. models) used more of a standard steel up tube (constant diameter tube of about 1" diameter) that accepted a standard bike seat post to allow for some vertical adjustment. Can anyone with one of these earlier model years let me know how this tube terminated at the bottom where it met the scooter? Did it flare out? Did it fit in some size sleeve? Did it have some sort of a welded on flange that bolted down to the scooter frame? I'm thinking of trying to retrofit one of these earlier tubes

e-doggies
e-doggies's picture
How 2006 & earlier Schwinn (Currie) seat posts attached

Chris,

I own both 2006 and 2007 Schwinn Stealth 1000's. Here's a pic of the 2006 seat post base:

IMG_0153_1.jpg

Same basic design, just a different size base. Good luck.

Harlow

chris falk
Re: How 2006 & earlier Schwinn (Currie) seat posts attached

Thanks so much for your info. It looks like the 2006 used a constant diameter tube, so if I can get one of those earlier tubes and then shim it out to fit the 2" diameter sleeve on my 2007 model, I'll have an adjustable seat and I can move on to solving other issues.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage