Range for 48volt10ah Fox LiFePO4

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
fcordeiro
Range for 48volt10ah Fox LiFePO4

I was told by Foxx Power that LiFEPO4 48volt 10ah batteries have twice the range of 48volt12ah lead acid batteries. I have a 16 mile commute between Burbank,CA and Pasadena,CA with some hills. I will be using a Lashout Electric bicycle with Powerpack Super BMC motor and 35amp controller. I weigh about 158 pounds. I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate of the range of these batteries.

andys
andys's picture
Re: Range for 48volt10ah Fox LiFePO4

LIFEPO4 doesn't have the voltage drop that LA does, and you can actually use almost every drop of the 10AH. I'd guess maybe 50% more range than a 12V12AH LA. I can go 35 miles, with pedal assist, on a 15AH Lifepo4 with a BMC hub motor and 20 amp controller. I'd think you could get at least 20 out of the 10AH pack, unless you had a lot of long 15% grades, or are pegging the throttle the entire ride.

dogman
dogman's picture

Pretty hard for us to say without knowing how you ride. slowpokes get unbeliveable range. I ride as fast as it will go, at 20 -25 mph, and full throttle up hills. My 36v 20 ah Ping battery will take me about 20 miles. Remember that the more you drain down the battery the more likely you are to overdischarge it. So with a small battery you are depending on the bms to work perfectly 1000 times in a row, if the battery goes that many cycles. I like the idea of only needing the bms to function one or two times in 3000 shallower cycles. And you will ride farther all the time if you can, so get a 20 and then you can ride all you want and not worry about range or speed to get more range. The day you are riding into 40mph of wind, you will be very glad you bought bigger.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

fcordeiro

That sounds like good advice. Do you think I should wait until after the olympics to buy Ping's battery. How much do you think I could pay for the LiFEPO4 48volt 20 ah battery? Foxx told me that I would pay 525 for the 48volt10ah battery and a charger. Maybe I could get a Ping battery for a little more if I wait. What do you think

cerewa

if long range at an affordable price is what you want, go for ping rather than foxx. A 48v20ah pack will have impressive range - maybe 30 miles with no pedaling / 60 miles at 50% pedal-power, depending on the conditions.

LinkOfHyrule
LinkOfHyrule's picture

I dunno. Ping's packs have been going for pretty obscene amounts lately.

And bullcrap that those will have double the range of 12Ah SLAs. Maybe if they were old and dead. Decent 12Ah SLA should get you about 8 real Ah, so only about a 25% increase in range over SLAs.

Anyway, I have a 48V 20Ah duct tape (Ping) pack. It should theoretically get me about 35 miles of range the way I ride now; little to no pedalling and heavy on the throttle (26mph top speed). I have no hills at all, though. Maybe 25 miles if it's hilly.

The author of this post isn't responsible for any injury, disability or dismemberment, death, financial loss, illness, addiction, hereditary disease, or any other undesirable consequence or general misfortune resulting from use of the "information" contai

Use code"Solar22" and enjoy 12% off for all solar Kits.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07

Support V is for Voltage