E+ Electric Bicycle Review

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
rakeshkdhawan
E+ Electric Bicycle Review

Here is an interesting review of E+ Electric Bicycles:

Pedaling Around Town with a little Extra OOmph.

I thought you may enjoy reading it.

Best,
Rakesh

rakeshkdhawan
Videos - E+ Electric Bicycle

Some videos of E+ Electric Bicycle:

Testing and Quality Assurance

Display and Control Unit

E+ Electric Bicycle by Electric Motion Systems
http://www.electricmotionsystems.com

Ian
Re: E+ Electric Bicycle Review

It looks nice bike but I always go straight to the battery details just can't help it...otherwise you can be taken for a ride with all the marketing.

so if someone can suggest how a 36v9ah nimh can be the powersource the worlds best ebike - maybe I'm missing something here. I think the worlds best ebike should have something more like 48v20ah lithium?

rakeshkdhawan

Ian Wrote:
so if someone can suggest how a 36v9ah nimh can be the powersource the worlds best ebike - maybe I'm missing something here. I think the worlds best ebike should have something more like 48v20ah lithium?

There is an additional battery which goes on the rack. Details of this battery are to be released soon. It is possible that it could be available in NiMH as well as LiIon.

E+ Electric Bicycle by Electric Motion Systems
http://www.electricmotionsystems.com

reikiman
reikiman's picture

It looks nice bike but I always go straight to the battery details just can't help it...otherwise you can be taken for a ride with all the marketing.

I was thinking some about this yesterday ...

I think you could get similar performance (speed) buying a Crystalyte 5xx kit ... but with conversion kits you're going to spend some time customizing the kit to fit the bicycle you choose. This can be fun working out how to fit all the pieces together, but it's not going to be as slick a result.. My bicycle looks like a rolling science project but then that's exactly what it is ;-)

Comparing prices .. first, the E+ has some high end bicycle components, right?

http://www.poweridestore.com/X-5-Hub-Motor-Kit/X-5-750W-Front-Hub-Motor-Kit -- Crystalyte 5xx kit w/ controller running @ 36v costs $699 or $749 for rear kit. That's from the Power Ride Store and while they have battery packs listed they don't seem to be in stock. Electric Rider sells a crystalyte based kit for nearly $1600 and Electric Rider's LiFePO 48v20ah pack will run $1600 when they start shipping later this year. The BionX kit @ 350 watts w/ Li-ION battery pack runs $1600.

Seems that with a high end bicycle and adding kits like that could get close to the price of the E+ and the E+ has it all nicely integrated and working well.

From my perspective though the E+ is one of those head-first bicycles that I now realize I do not like. So I won't be a customer but I'm impressed with what I saw in those videos.

Ian

that sounds great and I wish you every success but I must stress that the main thing I would think for a bike such as this that you are marketing as high quality and cutting edge tech, is to go with lithium both in the wheel and as a 2nd battery. its all in the batteries. iacocca didn't make it with the evg because of the batteries. tidalforce - same. optibike have made the transition to lithium and they are doing well and re-locating as a result. all their ob-1 bikes are sold. you get a solid battery warranty and it helps justify the price tag - this is good marketing.

eremite

A shop here in Vancouver sells these, recently learned about them. Sounds impressive, certainly looks sexy. Unfortunately, I'm currently feeling the sting of a bad purchase so am cautious about plumping 4-5 grand on a bike when I don't know of any long term real world reviews. I will be keeping watch though.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage