Long distance rides for charity fundraising

1 reply [Last post]
reikiman
reikiman's picture

In the cafeteria here at work I found a card about the "Waves to Wine" ride which is meant to raise money for multiple sclerosis research. Hmm, I thought, maybe they'd allow an e-bicycler and it could be a good way to also raise e-bicycling awareness.

The site doesn't say anything about the type of bicycles they'd allow etc.. so mebbe it would be allowed.

But this is a two-day ride with day 1 being 40 miles minimum, day 2 being 50 miles minimum. I understand there are people who ride centuries every weekend and this wouldn't seem like so much of a big deal. But for an e-bicycler it's gonna take how much of a battery pack to make that distance? 30-40ah ?

- David Herron, Green Transportation Examiner, Green Transportation Info, The Long Tail Pipe, Electric Race News, davidherron.com, 7gen.com, What is Reiki
- Charger bike (rebuilt), Electrified Electra Townie, 1971 Karmann Ghia

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
dogman
dogman's picture
Re: Long distance rides for charity fundraising

As long as they don't get mean on ya. Since my town still has only about 3 ebikes, I get some pretty funny reactions in the bikeshops in town. I try to explain that 29 miles a day in 105 f is a bit much to expect from anyone. I bet most of em ride less than 29 miles a week. I bet 40ah would be plenty, but maybe a lot less if you ride at their speed instead of ebike speed.

Be the pack leader.
36 volt sla schwinn beach cruiser
36 volt lifepo4 mongoose mtb
24 volt sla + nicad EV Global

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
e-Moto G3 Volt Silicon Electric Scooter Commute and get around town on the G3 Volt Electric Scooter from E-Moto.
Customize This