A few Questions from a new Motorboard 2000x owner

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Robiow
A few Questions from a new Motorboard 2000x owner

I've read with great interest other topics about this scooter. I'm from the UK and needed something to get me from work and back (less than 2 miles total) and that looked completely inconspicuous as the law over here doesn't like electric scooters/bikes. In other words, if I see the fuzz coming in the opposite direction I should just kick push the scooter.
I work in the Ambulance service, and will be in uniform, so I'm hoping that it'd give me some kind of diplomatic immunity!

However.

Hill climbing is pants, It's uphill all the way to work, but obviously downhill the way back, a little more Torque would be appreciated, but just after range and perhaps speed without any detrimental effect to the motors or wear on the rear wheel.

Does the 2000x contain the same controller board as the 2000xr? will the normal circuit board allow me to pump 18V into the motors without damage to either?

Is the case of changing the batteries to LiPo as simple as putting them in, charging them up and connecting them to the circuit board?

also, if anyone has the time, could they find the exact batteries that'd suit the motorboard (18V and as many Amp hours as possible) even better if you could find them on a .co.uk site!

one more, I heard somewhere about changing to a Dewalt Drill battery but requiring a BMS, just what the heck is one of those?!

yes... I'm a novice.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I look forward to hearing from your better judgement!

Flaz
Re: A few Questions from a new Motorboard 2000x owner

I'm running my 2000x on a 5 cell LiPo (5000mAh). I've had no problems with the increased voltage. The extra power is very nice, you'll like it!

Robiow

excellent, thanks for the reply, really appreciated.

It runs at 16.5V? Therotically, 5000amp should have a shorter range than the 8000amp preinstalled?

Could you link to the ones you used sovthat I could find the equivilent in the uk?

Did they contain a BMS, or do you have to be careful with the charger?

I'm up for this at some point! Seems the most expence is buying the charger, the batteries aren't that much considering

Flaz

Here is the battery I'm using (purchased from Hobby City in Hong Kong): http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6352&Product_Name=ZIPPY-H_5000mAh_5S1P_20-30C_Lipoly_Pack

I already had a balancing charger so I didn't have the added expense of getting a new charger/balancer that would keep that battery in good condition. Hobbycity offers a number of inexpensive chargers and balancers that would work great with this battery if you are also in need of a LiPo charger. I would recommend getting something that will balance the pack; with 5 cells it will be much more likely to over charge one of the cells.

I'm getting a range of about 4 miles on a charge. I only ride 2 miles each day so the extra capacity isn't needed in my case.

Robiow

Brilliant, thanks for your help! LiPo charges aren't that costly from that site either, hmmmm, next payday I may make the plunge.

It looks tiny for what it can do, and 4 miles is more than enough for me.

any problems fitting? it looks like It'd need securing down, it'll rattle about in there!

thinking about wiring two in parallel to increase that to 10000mAh if there's room and have it future proofed, although this will make charging tricky/expensive!

Flaz

The Zippy 5000mAh pack fits in with plenty of room. I wrapped the pack in a layer of rubber foam so that it was snug with the top plate pushing down on it. There may be enough room to add a second pack but you'll have to measure the length to verify this. Also, I did drill out a small rectangle hole in the side of the scooter (near the charge jack) so that I could run the battery's balancing charge plug out of the scooter.

I did consider getting two 4000mAh packs originally but the single 5000mAh is more than enough for my current usage and it was simpler to wire and charge than two. I believe that the new 2000XR uses a 4800mAh pack... I also took a look at what this person is selling on eBay and their site for the 2000x: http://www.motorboardmods.com/

doralevich

Hey All, I'm hoping someone here can help me out, I'm completely new to this, but found the group by doing a Google Search. I just purchased a Go Motorboard 2000X from Craig's List - mint condition, some wear on the tires and 2 batteries. It came with the original battery (which the guy said could still work) and what was supposed to be a brand new battery (never used). When I got home, I charged the "new" one about 8 hours + and got about 30 seconds worth of juice on it until I went from full battery to nothing. I am pretty sure that I charged it correctly. Just plug the battery in and connect the charger (I made sure that the scooter was off), right? I did this a few times throughout the past 2 days with both batteries, but get the same result on both.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

The guy who I bought it from seemed like a good guy and promised me that it worked. Is it possible that the "new battery" having never been used, never took to a charge and will never work? Is there a special way I have to charge these battery's, a sequence, or something that I'm missing.

What is my best bet in fixing this. Your suggestions above are something that I just am not capable of understanding, it all sounds a bit foreign to me (kudos to you guys). I read about upgrades to batteries (more power, longer life etc). Am i just too nice of a guy and took someone's word on it working.

I have had a hard time getting people who know about this stuff and or reaching Roth themselves.

Any help would be appreciated and helpful.

Thank you!
David

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage