How do I get a broken fuse out?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
jaysprout
jaysprout's picture
How do I get a broken fuse out?

I can't replace the fuse because it's broken and stuck in the little fuse basket. How do I get it out? Would it be easier to just buy a new basket with the fuse?

Also, while taking the scooter apart (to get access to the batteries I have to take the whole thing apart) I noticed everything is glued together. Is that really the best way to put things back together once I've fixed something? Should I get a glue gun?

To bring those two questions together ... do I have to glue in the basket in addition to screwing it in?

wyldesyde007
Re: How do I get a broken fuse out?

Well if it isn't broken too far below the socket you could use the tip of a razor knife to pry it out (the sharp point will dig into the body of the fuse and give you better leverage), or if it's broken off below the socket you could use a super glue gel cause it won't run and carefully apply it to the top of the fuse without getting it on the socket then stick a piece of wood or something else to the fuse, let it dry thouroghly then pull the fuse out by the new handle you just created. you can pick up a new socket from radio shack if it turns out to be a total loss.

Tireiron55
Tireiron55's picture

Eliminate the fuse. Fill it full of solder, and if that doesn't work, cut it out. You don't really need those anyway. People will say that you do, but I've never needed one. They just seem to blow on people. I've shocked myself bad because I didn't have one, but that's about the worst that can ever happen. And if you're not working on them constantly, you don't have to worry about that.

I bent my wheel, broke my trans, and blew my motor. Now I cry a lot.

eGo-Buddy

You're kidding, right? People on the upper end of the intelligence/education scale put fuses in their circuits for very definite reasons. Reasons like not shocking people and not burning up expensive components.

You are kidding, right?

eGo-Buddy

To address the original question, try needle nose pliers.

I wonder why glue is such a component of your ride. Normal fasteners should be enough, especially if the device is intended to be serviced at all. When re-assembling, I would skip the glue.

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage