Recomended Scooters for adults

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
smithder
Recomended Scooters for adults

What scooters are decent in the 2-5 hundred dollar range? I bought a Razor 300s, but it is underpowered and the curcuit breaker trips half way around the block. I weigh just under 200lbs. Just looking for somthing to ride along with my daughter. I prefer somthing with a seat, although the razor seat feels like you are sitting on a razor. I was looking at the Xtreme 600, but I have read some negative post. Also considered the Schwinn 1000. Thanks for the help!

reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Recomended Scooters for adults

I've ridden the Schwinn Stealth 1000 and think it fits your requirements very well.

Prince

I think the best place for scooters should be the http://www.electricmobilityscooters.biz

There, you get all about electric mobility scooters and they are good for the price too. Not just for adults, but for pleasure and the disabled as well. try it.

best regards

Old_Scoot

Aren't the Schwinn 1000s still using Currie gear drives? I'm not sure that is a good choice for a 200 pound adult. Also AFAIK they never solved the problem with the controller cutting off on long down-hill runs due to the lack of a free-wheel. The chain-drive 750 might be a better choice.

Definitely DO NOT buy the x-treme except as a cheap and fun platform for modification. I like my X-500, but then I love to tinker. Reliable transportation it is not.

Edit: I think some 750s are chain (better) and some are gear or 'direct' drive (worse) so shop with care.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage