Complete satisfaction with Vectrix VX-1 Electric motorbike

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
moccasin
moccasin's picture
Re: Complete satisfaction with Vectrix VX-1 Electric ...

I think the "con" really is the fact that there's not enough spare capacity on the DC/DC converter for user added accessories such as these.

It's just one of those (maybe minor?) annoyances knowing that you're sitting on top of 3+ kWh of batteries but not being able to use that power how you want (i.e. if the user wants to sacrifice a few percentage points of range for warmth then it would be nice if they could choose to do that).

I agree. Why, within normal range limits, do we need a cell phone or iPod charger? Those items are perfectly capable of running all day on their own batteries, but the ability to use a tire pump in an emergency would be much more of a usefull benefit to me. I don't have the weather or range needs that would require electric clothing, but it would be nice to have a circuit that I could run a pump, or even a set of air horns off of.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

You havnt mentioned in positive :
it doesn't vibrate
it isn't noisy (this is specially nice in the night)

RaDy

...And it doesn't fry your legs at stoplights!! :-0

...Doesn't require a warm up before pulling out of the garage.

...You can park it virtually anywhere.

undead
You havnt mentioned in positive :
it doesn't vibrate
it isn't noisy (this is specially nice in the night)

RaDy

...And it doesn't fry your legs at stoplights!! :-0

...Doesn't require a warm up before pulling out of the garage.

...You can park it virtually anywhere.

Apart from the warmup comment, which in fairness is done by the time i reach anywhere I can do at speed, I really dont notice the difference between the Vectrix and the Fazer, apart from the Vectrix doesnt cost me anything to run...

I can still park my petrol bike anywhere, and in over 12 years of riding with 9 different petrol bikes, I have never had one frying my legs at the stoplights - no idea what you are riding and how but it must be odd! ;)

Not defending or offending the different bikes, just cant understand some of the anti petrol bikes comments that make no sense on this site sometimes... I love the Vectrix but at the end of the day its my fun commuter.

moccasin
moccasin's picture

Not defending or offending the different bikes, just cant understand some of the anti petrol bikes comments that make no sense on this site sometimes... I love the Vectrix but at the end of the day its my fun commuter.

Don't misread me. I absolutely LOVE my Harley Davidson Road King, and have logged over 55000 almost troublefree miles on her, but she ain't my commuter, she's my traveling machine. Sitting in traffic over a heavy, shaking, touring bike is HOT, and they don't handle sidewalks medians and grassy spots nearly as handily as my half-the-weight Vectrix does.

On the other hand, for a weekend of pure pleasure riding, even if my Vectrix had a thousand mile range, I'd leave it at home and take the much more comfy and quiet (stock pipes and quiet fairing) Road King anyday. :-)

I love them both for what I bought them both for. And the same goes for my gas guzzling Chevy truck. ;-) I'm green when it is mutually beneficial. ;-) Also, being green all week takes away my guilt for not being green on the weekend!

My sister made an excellent statement last week. She pointed out that by my own choice of not having children, I'm already one of the "greenest" citizens in the modern world, because from that simple choice there are not countless future generations of food and fuel required, nor will there be untold tons of garbage produced by those who were never born. You want to get serious about planet preservation, you gotta start with population control. Not knocking those who have children, but you gotta include procreation in the formulas or nothing's going to work. ;-)

RaDy
RaDy's picture

I think Moccasin and me were just saying the differences between ICE and EV, not being anti-petrol. And i want to remind that i still keep my Honda Yupy Scooter just in case my Vectrix does something unexpected, meaning that i still rely on it in an extreme case(although i really think its going to start rotting!).
ICE bikes have other very good qualities, and i think we who are petrol-heads, can also be electron-heads!! :)
RaDy

Pages

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• janet

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07

Support V is for Voltage