Leo Motors supplying 3000 electric motorcycles to Korean leasing company

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Leo Motors supplying 3000 electric motorcycles to Korean leasing company

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Leo-Motors-Inc-Signs-Contract-bw-15289368.html?.v=1

The deal is about supplying 3,000 electric business motorcycles to Bike Lease, the largest motorcycle leasing company in Korea. The brand name is "Hilless" (?? Hill-Less??).

They have this to say about prior EV technologies from competitors:-

Until now, the problems of existing electric bikes have included an inability to run long distances up steep hills; sudden power loss immediately after achieving peak power; batteries that fail to work properly; and prohibitive expense.

I'm not sure I understand the justification of their mitigating technology. They describe a "whipping" mode and times between "whipping" intervals that allow the motor to rest, that prevents overheating.

Through Bike Lease, the Hilless model will be supplied free of charge to heavy bike users such as post office, pizza and Chinese food delivery businesses, online shopping mall delivery services, and courier services, so long as they spend more than $150 each month for gas. Instead, using Hilless free, these businesses will only pay the monthly costs for gas of the previous bike for twenty-four to thirty-six months according to the usage program. The start-up price of Hilless will be $3,000~$4,000 including all digital devices and BMS mentioned above, leading edge motor, sixteenth generation Lithium Polymer battery which can be used for more than ten years.

Their website shows a wide range of vehicles such as:-

http://www.leomotors.com/

http://www.irgnews.com/coi/LEOM (has a video of the company bossman)

Leo Motors, Inc. was formed from the most innovative team of electric automotive experts in 2005 and has since introduced a line of vehicles to the world. Leo Motors, Inc. emerged as a Delaware corporation in November 2007 as the result of a reverse merger with SIMCO America (OTC: SCMA). Leo Motors, Inc., a Delaware company, through its operating subsidiary Leo Motors., Ltd., a Korean company, is in the business of developing, manufacturing, and marketing Electric Vehicles (“EVs”) and EV components. The company’s ultimate goal is to become the global leader in the EV market. The company’s overarching strategy is to gain an initial foothold in the EV market as a niche supplier, build on a reputation as a technology leader and a socially responsible company, and develop its catalog of products and technology while the market for EV develops. The company believes that if it can properly develop its brand, reputation, and product capability, then when the improving price and quality of EVs collides with the increasing demand, it will be able to reap the rewards. Leo Motors has established its technology and has been focused on securing a future export sales network in Australia, Japan, China, Southeast Asia, Europe, and the U.S.
nick1
Re: Leo Motors supplying 3000 electric motorcycles to Korean ...

Well that's really informative, i would like to read more.
Contract Hire

Dauntless

Two of your links are already bad.

I assume it's pronounced "Hil-is," just as you're supposed to say "Will-is" when referring to the former Willys Overland Motors Jeep. I hear so man goofs insist on saying "Willies."

The one working link shows they have quite a line of bikes already. And if they're free to heavy bike users, okay, send it over.

But they seem to have an odd definition of "Free." What I get they want is the $150/month or more someone the company pays for gas as the lease payment. I guess that ain't a half bad lease, but the word "Free" is nonapplicable. Look at the Dodger divorce, funny wording problems are great fun in court, if you're an attorney.

If by "Mitigating technology" you're referring to their straight talk on the problems of past bikes, I'll always say honesty is a good thing. We have a candidate for Governor here in California whom calling her a liar is an understatement. But some people will make excuses of it being okay to lie. Then someone turns around and tells the truth and it's suddenly a horrible thing.

I wonder if these people will turn up in Santa Monica.

WHo dares, WINS!!!!

Ebikeparts
Ebikeparts's picture

great goods

We have both OEM and ODM customers in EU.

Today more than 10 European E-bike brands choose us as their partner.

We are the Ebike parts wholesaler in china ,such as battery,sensor,brushless

motor,LED/LCD meter,hidden wire brake sensor, handle,controller etc. and

also have some special ebike products, such as integration conversion kit .

If you want to buy the ebike parts in china pls vist our online store in

alibaba.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/904105

Kevin

China ebike parts wholesale business cooperative.

http://www.b-t-n.cn/ www.b-t-n.org

Online shop: http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/904105

Phone: 86-0-15869111868
Skepe: kevin.fang168
Email: hz1stcare [at] 163.com
M s n

adam007

These bikes are great and a new addition in the field of automobile. The use of these bikes for different purpose like to supply pizza or food items, post offices, etc. will be very helpful.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage