Snow scotter or snowmachines?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
snowbiker
Snow scotter or snowmachines?

This is my very first post. My name is Pete and my interest is electric transportation in the snow. I have worked at a popular ski area in New York state for many many years.
The liability to drive snowmobiles is over the top and they old 600cc Polaris needs to be replaced soon. I have been playing with a sno-runner personal ski bike.

This is just a hobby for me but if you got help; I'll take it. First snowfall is November 20th !!!

Fourcycle
Fourcycle's picture
Re: Snow scotter or snowmachines?

It's my feeling that for the most efficient travel across most surfaces is when the pressure (psi) the vehicle is applying to the surface is slightly less than the pressure it takes to deform the surface across which the vehicle is traveling. For snow, unlike concrete or asphalt, this pressure can vary very widely, as you know.

Having aired that and re-reading your post, what are your goals for a snow capable EV?

So far as that 600cc Polaris, reduce the amount it pollutes by about 50X to 100X by replacing the 2-stroke engine with a 13HP OHV engine from Harbor Freight. Increase the weights and reduce the spring as needed in the primary clutch so that it does it's thing at about 3K RPM and it will be a cleaner, though slower, machine.

If your only tool is a hammer
everything looks like a nail.

RedKing73
Re: Snow scotter or snowmachines?

How about supporting a manufacturer of heavy duty electric atvs beside you in New York State? Ellicottville.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFTUOQDioIY

www.ecoeatv.com

Hope it helps.

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• xovacharging
  • stuuno
  • marce002
  • Heiwarsot
  • headsupcorporation

Support V is for Voltage