Current Motor Company

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
oobflyer
oobflyer's picture
Current Motor Company

A new large electric scooter company, located in Michigan, is taking $100 deposits for their Vectrix-like scooter. They claim their bikes have several advantages over the Vectrix, including Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries, and a more reasonable price ($7,500 for the top of the line model).

I spoke with a gentleman at the company, via email. He seemed genuine enough and asked me some questions about my experience with my Vectrix ("what do you like about it, what don't you like about it", etc.) It seems they are trying to learn from past and avoid some of the same mistakes. I hope they are for real and succeed.

What do you think?

100_2108.jpg

http://www.currentmotor.com/index.html

MikeB
Re: Current Motor Company

Hiya oob,

One of the founders, John Harding, is an active member of this forum, and he's been keeping us all up to date on his efforts. He started as a dealer for imported chinese scooters, and decided he could do a better job. Many of us are very excited about his effort, and some of us (including myself) have already pre-ordered a bike from him. I'm confident that feedback from this forum provided substantial input in the design of the bike.

If you drop down into the Vectrix forum, there are a couple threads about the failure of Vectrix. Given the information there, I think John and the CuMoCo have an excellent chance of success, or at least failing for very different reasons than Vectrix. Their top bike is better than the Vectrix on virtually every advertising bullet point, but their startup and overhead costs are far, far lower.

My electric vehicle: CuMoCo C130 scooter.

Who's online

There is currently 1 user online.

• israndy

Who's new

• janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07

Support V is for Voltage