Throttle for XB-500 Trike (Dual Hub Motors).jpg

2 replies [Last post]
kush61

Anyone know if a single throttle will equally energize two speed controllers?
Or must I gang two throttles together each energizing it's own speed controller?
Thank-You.DSC08562AA.jpg

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
reikiman
reikiman's picture
Re: Throttle for XB-500 Trike (Dual Hub Motors).jpg

As my dungeon master used to say.. I think it'll work, try it and find out?

Funny how he used to cackle after saying that. Seriously though I'm around 99% certain it'll work if it's a resistive throttle. Have no idea whether it'll work if it's a hall effect throttle. Another thought is might it be fun to have two throttles, one for each motor, to independantly control the motor speed?

- David Herron, Green Transportation Examiner, Green Transportation Info, The Long Tail Pipe, Electric Race News, davidherron.com, 7gen.com, What is Reiki
- Charger bike (rebuilt), Electrified Electra Townie, 1971 Karmann Ghia

captainslug
captainslug's picture
Re: Throttle for XB-500 Trike (Dual Hub Motors).jpg

It would make more sense to simply get a beefier controller that can control both motors together.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Who Killed the Electric Car? Essential documentary explaining what happened the last time electric cars were killed
High Voltage: The Fast Track to Plug In the Auto Industry A behind-the-scenes look at the robustly competitive race to dominate the market for electric cars.
Customize This