Does anybody have pics of the handlebar wiring?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
eeraser
Does anybody have pics of the handlebar wiring?

Hi everyone, I recently melted my wire harness and now I need to replace them, but the schematics I have are totally useless. Does anybody have some good pictures of the wireing under the gauge cluster?

mf70
Re: Does anybody have pics of the handlebar wiring?

I can get a shot in a day. I saw someone on this site that had done an "annotated" wiring diagram that included small pix of the connectors. I don't remember if it extended to the gauge cluster, though.

How'd it melt? Are you sure you've found all the parts that are damaged?

eeraser

I got the PNG image of the schematics, but there are a few errors on it, so I figured yo can't go wrong with a picture of the wires. Off the top of my head, one of the errors is the 6 wire plug going into the gauge cluster should have 5 wires, but the grey wire in the empty slot had melted, so I need to replace it, but not sure where to connect the replace too.

It is the weirdest thing, I turns of my scooter, out her in her place in my garage, went out the next day and it was completely dead. Checked the fuse and the 30am one had all but burned through. I dropped a new fuse hooked up my 60v battery pack and then the smoke, smoke everywhere!Took off all of the plastic and found melted wires everywhere. I built 2 new wire harnesses running up to the handle bars, now I just need to plug them in somewhere and I can get back to riding.

Thanks for your help, whenever you have time...

captainslug
captainslug's picture

http://www.captainslug.com/temp/xb600wiringoriginal.jpg
The wire color combinations are fairly accurate and will tell you which connectors are for which parts. But to make it easier on my self I ended up labeling most the connectors.
//www.captainslug.com/temp/xb-600_039.jpg)
Most of the wires for the gauges are for the indicator bulbs, and therefore are not really critical.
I eventually replaced everything in my gauge cluster.
//www.captainslug.com/temp/xb-600_026.jpg)
In future if you want to measure voltages it would be best to slide the pins out of a connector.

eeraser

This is awesome, thank-you!

eeraser

Well, thanks to you guys, I am really close to getting my scooter back on the road! I have the brakelights, horn and turn signals working, but I cannot get the headlights or the engine kill from the brake switch to work! I dont know what else to do toehr than trial and error. the schematics are accurate enough to re-wire it and the pics (Thanks Captianslug) worked great, but cant help me with headlights.

The next time somebody has their gauge cluster off, can you grab a quick picutre for me? :-)

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Persival
  • boomingheight
  • janet
  • Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57

Support V is for Voltage