Solving pinched seat holder spring

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
R
R's picture
Solving pinched seat holder spring

During my research of lost VIN's I've come across a very logic solution.
A new catalan owner quickly get tired of having his hands hurt by unexpected seat fall, thanks to the "odious" seat spring.
He solved the spring problem by installing a "telescopic holder". Have a look at the pictures, and please tell me how do you say that item in english.. hehehe :-)

P1120222 (Custom).JPG
P1120224 (Custom).JPG

turok
turok's picture
Re: Solving pinched seat holder spring

Not long ago, someone from Vectrix UK (I believe it was Scott), gave me a good hint.
My spring didn't hold up my seat at all (or very rarely).
I unscrewed it at one side, let the spring "jump" into a more relaxed (less twisted) position, put it back again, and now it performs perfectly.

"doing nothin = doing nothing wrong" is invalid when the subject is environment

Patrix

Thank you, Turok.

My spring held up my seat perfectly when I bought my Vectrix almost a year ago now, and it worked fine for several months. But it started going bad a couple of months ago, then got to a point where I had to play with it for quite a while to make it work. Lately, it's been so sensitive that even if the wind was blowing, the spring would give way and the seat would fall.

Well, I just read your posting. I immediately went out to my garage, unscrewed the spring, let it spin a few times to get into a 'more relaxed' position, screwed it back in, and NOW IT WORKS PERFECTLY ! ! !

THANKS AGAIN, TUROK ! ! ! Your solution was very helpful to me ! ! !

Happy Riding to All, Patrix

Domi422
Domi422's picture

The spring has also to be mounted on the bike in order to be in a very straight line when the seat is open. On mine there was a small angle and after a few weeks, it was a cat and mouse play between my hands and the seat.
I unscrewed the spring, made another hole in the plastic under the seat and now it works fine.

Le site des utilisateurs français (The French user's website) http://www.vectrix.fr/

Buy Ecotric bikes, get free accessories!

Who's online

There are currently 0 users online.

Who's new

• Bengun
  • Skyhawk 57
  • wild4
  • justinsmith07
  • Juli76

Support V is for Voltage